Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Integration with existing webs/CMS

DialogPimp is offline Junior Member

Default Integration with existing webs/CMS

Hi all,

I've been asked to get a handle on what would be required to integrate an existing ASP.NET content management system with ADNSF. My initial impression is that the storefront would be a separate site to ours and that "our pages" are to initiate whatever actions are necessary.

At the moment I'm just trying to understand the basic mechanisms of how "our code" or "our pages" would talk to the ADNSF code. For example, do we post to ADNSF URLs with whatever postdata is needed?

I know this is pretty vague but get as technical as you need to. I maintain the CMS product at a source level but this is my first exposure to shopping cart systems, so I'm green.

Thanks for your patience

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

What is the scope of the integration? Are you trying to integrate product pages, customer information, content, etc.? The methods would differ depending on the depth of the integration needed.