Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: HELP to add a newsletter signup

sugith_k is offline Member

Question HELP to add a newsletter signup

I am new to AspDotNetStoreFront and I need to change the home page as well as the other pages with adding a newsletter sign up box to the right side of the page.
    The image of the site is attached to this post.

Name:  forum_asp.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  150.9 KB

and I am like to know how to add the sub total of the shopping cart above the main menu. This is also mentioned in the above attached image.

Hope someone can help me out with this matter as soon as possible.
    Thank you!

Sugith_k

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

For the item subtotal, just use the MiniCart XML package (parser token !MINICART!). You can modify the minicart xml package to appear however you want.

Regarding adding a newsletter signup, it is simple to do but requires some custom logic. Set your form to post back to a custom aspx page, and have that page dump the email address in a table. It takes just a few lines of code to do that. Make absolutely sure however that you are following secure coding practices when doing so.

Many mail servers (eg. smartermail) support a mailing list function that allows people to auto-subscribe to the list by sending an email to a specified address. You could have your custom page simple send an email to that address "from" the customer who is signing up.

sugith_k is offline Member

Smile

If you can explain it more how I should do it? I mean to add this subscription register part to my web...

Thank you

sugith_k

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Question is if you are looking for a newsletter signup (separate from the cart - no account) or one that will create with minimal information a customer account in your cart.

If you like to auto create accounts in your cart, based on the email given, it will require some custom coding (contact Jan at jsimacek@compunix.us for more information). If you want a simple add on to college newsletter signups without creating accounts, you can try http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-2...mail-list.aspx which might just do the trick you need.
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)