Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help on Single Sign-on

Rita is offline Senior Member

Post Help on Single Sign-on

Hi..

We already have a website which supports forum. So if user login in ASPDNSF can we make access to forums and some other registered user functionality of website?

I also read this post http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...single+sign-on. I downloaded the trial developer version and tried to see auctioncheckout.aspx.cs page. But i could not find it out. So can you give me some ideas to resolve this issue? Please provide if you have some material for single sign-on.

And how can we import the existing customer data from our existing database and can you give me some pointers on how to use WSI for import product and entities in trial developer version?

Thanks for your support.

Rita is offline Senior Member

Default User with Different Role

Can ASPDNSF supports one user with different roles(Customer Level)?

We have users with different kinds of user roles in our existing database, so when we import customer data to ASPDNSF database customer table is it possible to have the same user with two different roles?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Roles are supported, but not in the classic .NET roles provider sense. If you take a look at our customer class, you will see where we define all of the customer roles, which is used for things like subscription content and admin site access. Adding some custom logic to add your own roles as well would be fairly simple.