Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Setting Locale in the admin area

loukas is offline Junior Member

Red face Setting Locale in the admin area

hI,
    I want the adminarea to use another language-file, but can not make it happen.
    How / Where do i set these variables ?
    System Information
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1
    Current Server Date/Time: 3/21/2009 9:30:09 PM
    Execution Mode: 32 Bit
    UseSSL: False
    On Live Server: True
    Is Secure Connection: False
    Caching Is: OFF: TURN CACHING ON
    Primary Store Locale Setting: en-US
    SQL Locale Setting: en-US
    Customer Locale Setting: en-US
    Primary Store Currency: DKK
    Payment Gateway: MANUAL
    Gateway Mode: TEST
    Transaction Mode: AUTH CAPTURE
    Payment Methods: Credit Card
    MicroPay Enabled: False
    Cardinal Enabled: False
    Store Credit Cards: False
    Using Gateway Recurring Billing: False

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can follow this manual http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ge_locale.ashx, actually the only strings that can be translated in the admin are the menus and some other few strings in the home page, all the rest will have to be changed in the code-behind pages/source code. The information that you pasted in can be changed by going to the appconfig or directly via Configuration -> Site Configuration Wizard.

kaezr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    actually the only strings that can be translated in the admin are the menus and some other few strings in the home page, all the rest will have to be changed in the code-behind pages/source code. The information that you pasted in can be changed by going to the appconfig or directly via Configuration -> Site Configuration Wizard.

i know this is pretty old, anyway i see this thing hasn't changed..

i have AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2 and i'd like to translate both the shop and the admin pages...

i think there will be problems with the software updates, since we'll have to do all the translation job again.. how can we handle this situation?

thanks.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We turn a bit more of the admin interface into strings with every release, so while the admin interface isn't yet 100% translatable through strings, we'll get there.

For the moment though, you're correct - if you upgrade, you'll have to 'retranslate' most of what you did before. Keep in mind that for the most part, the admin interface pages don't change vastly between releases (usually), so that would largely be copy/paste

kaezr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    We turn a bit more of the admin interface into strings with every release, so while the admin interface isn't yet 100% translatable through strings, we'll get there.
    Ok, thanks. Just another information: i need to have the shop in a default language (italian) and the admin interface in english, is it possible?

Apoc is offline Junior Member

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by kaezr View Post
    Ok, thanks. Just another information: i need to have the shop in a default language (italian) and the admin interface in english, is it possible?
    the shop locale is being configured separately from the admin UI. As the admin UI is primarily EN, you can setup the store for use with IT-IT locale.

Cheers,
    Thomas
    Thomas

iCOMcept GmbH
    http://www.icomcept.de

Webbooster - Make your website faster
    http://www.webbooster.de