Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Full-Text Search support for MS SQL 2008

bob12368 is offline Junior Member

Default Full-Text Search support for MS SQL 2008

Is Full Text Search now supported in Version 8.0.1.1. using SQL 2008?
    We have V8.0 and can not get it working with SQL 2008.
    Anyone else having this problem?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Currently it's only supported with SQL 2005. In SQL 2008 the underlying processes for handling full text indexing are vastly different than in SQL 2005 and therefore require different processes of handling it in AspDotNetStorefront. It's on the immediate to-do list and we're looking forward to getting this feature added
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

bob12368 is offline Junior Member

Your Feature Matrix says Databases Supported are MS SQL 2005 / MS SQL 2008.

I love the software so far, but this feature incompatibility has put us in a big bind. I don't know if we can downgrade SQL 2008 to SQL 2005.

Oh well...

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

I was able to get a patch through support, but the patch was not an end-all fix. I still had to make modifications to windows services and run a few SQL queries.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Can you detail your response a little more? What mods to windows services did you have to make?
    Jon Wolthuis

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

**Let me note that I am still working with support on this. I am no longer receiving errors when running searches on the site, but the searches are bringing up very odd results which needs to be addressed**

As far as changes to Windows services goes, I will try to recap, but I was working off of a few different bits of information I found online which I no longer have links to. This information may not be complete and some steps may be redundant. Based on my memory the following steps were the steps taken to resolve issues I was having that would generate an error page when running a search on the site with Full Text Search enabled. Those errors are no longer a problem, just the odd results that the search is coming up with.

- Set the Windows Services entry for the SQL Full Text Search Launcher to run 'manual' and then I had to literally 'start' the service. The service had been disabled or turned off so to say for some reason.
    - Changed the service account for that service to match that of the SQL Server.
    - Rebuilt the Full Text record within SQL server
    - Ran the sp_fulltext_service 'restart_all_fdhosts' command on the database
    - Restarted the SQL Server Instance

linhoff is offline Junior Member

Default SQL2008 Full-Text Search

Is the Full-Text Search working with SQL2008 or is this going to be included with the next update?

Thanks
    Scott

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Full-Text Search works with SQL2008, yes.

Default FTS with a SQL 2008 database

When I set-up full text search with SQL 2008 the FTS system shows that it has been installed correctly and the FTS show up in the database as populated but it errors out with this comment:

" The full-text query parameter for Fulltext Query String is not valid. "

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AspDotNetStorefront\Web\XmlPack ageControl.ascx.vb Line: 54

We are running:
    version ML 8.0.1.2 32bit on a MS 2003 R2 server,
    SQL 2008 advanced 10.0.2531 w/SP1

any ideas?

Scott

Default Full text search with SQL2008

Full text Search on a SQL 2008 install, requires the FTSDLL.DLL file to be replaced in "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AspDotNetStorefront\Web\bi n" directory with one downloaded through aspdotnetstorefront support.

The original version is 1,160 kb in size, "file version shows 1.0.0.0"
    The replacement version is 2.907 kb in size, "file version shows 1.0.0.0"

Full test search on a SQL2008 server works correctly now.

Scott