Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: the ultimate (?) multi channel discussion thread

ohmydude_ML is offline Member

Smile the ultimate (?) multi channel discussion thread

hi guys -
    just wanted to open a dialog with my fellow ML users to discuss how most of you are approaching multi channel solutions for ASPDNSF ML. i know some of you may be engaged in this, and was wondering if you could offer (non industry/niche specific) your advice.

i've been reading up on multi-channel, and i don't see any easy solutions on how to operate something like an amazon store, or ebay store, using ASPDNSF's stock listings as a backend (via xml). it's keeping me up at night as the competition is doing it, and i see HUGE upside potential in opening up our audience on these larger sites. as i see it , the options are:

1.) marketwise - an "cover" program that overlaps your amazon/ebay/aspdnsf and becomes your "main" interface for order managment. we are doubtful on this product, as they require an upfront payment and a commission on sales produced. is anyone using this? can you comment on your experience.

2.) mod - i've seen an few old threads suggesting misakko or revolver commerce could set up individual channel mods (i.e. ebay, amazon). this sounds pretty costly, and i'm leary of doing mods as we ALWAYS make sure to be running the more current ASPDNSF ML release.

is anyone else suprised that this functionality is not already available in ASPDNSF. a quick search of competing carts suggests that this is pretty quickly becoming a standard feature amongst some carts.

so for anyone engaged in multi channel, or looking to get into it, please put in a word here (i.e. "i want it!", or "i'd have X Y and Z results doing this...").

thanks very much!

walkinwillie is offline Member

Default Not sure if this is any help....

Vendio is recommended highly by Skip McGrath, the author of Titanium eBay (a fantastic book by the way...). I'm not sure how much it is and I don't know if they interface with ASPDNSF

Here is a link anyway.

ohmydude_ML is offline Member

Smile

thanks willie. looks like it's commission based like marketworks (1%-2%) in addition to not running from a ASPDNSF backbone, so thumbs down.

nChannel is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydude_ML View Post
    i've been reading up on multi-channel, and i don't see any easy solutions on how to operate something like an amazon store, or ebay store, using ASPDNSF's stock listings as a backend (via xml).
    Hi there,

We offer a solution to help integrate your aspdotnetstorefont items with eBay. We just launched a new connector several weeks ago: The new eBay connector enables nChannel subscribers to automate the population of item data for eBay from any supported ERP, eCommerce (including aspdnsf) or Point of Sale application. eBay orders and customer data can be received by any supported applications, which will automatically update inventory availability across all channels.

http://www.nchannel.com/2012/09/05/n...tion-for-ebay/

I hope that helps. Please contact us directly at 800-406-8217 or info@nchannel.com for a test run or more information.

Thanks!

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Are you really bumping a thread from March 2009 to try to sell your product?

TTFN

BFG