Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Different skins for different URLs

yakatz is offline Member
    Could be anywhere between 60N-28N and 77W-36E

Question Different skins for different URLs

I would like to run one copy of the storefront that is accessible from two different URLs WITHOUT REDIRECTING ONE TO THE OTHER.
    Example:
    example.com - D:\Webs\ASPDNSF7\ - Skin 9
    example.org - D:\Webs\ASPDNSF7\ - Skin 10
    example.net - D:\Webs\ASPDNSF7\ - Skin 11
    etc.

Since I would like each store to use the same image directory (>6GB) I can not use different licenses. Can I use the URL rewriter? Any other ideas?
    Using ASPDotNetStoreFront since Version 3
    Got Version 9.
    Almost ready to deploy MultiStore (final testing stages for the new FirstData gateway)
    Finally upgraded our server to 2008 R2.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The software will determine its default template/skin to be used by looking at appconfig: DefaultSkinID if the skinid is not specified in the url invocation. If the two web sites uses the same DB as well, that's not going to work out-of-the-box.

Moreover, AspDotNetStorefront is licensed per domain/per production site. This means that you can only have a single store (production site) running on a single domain name per license. If you wish to have additional stores, or wish to use additional domain names, each must have a seperate license.
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 03-18-2009 at 12:10 AM.