Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Products, Variants, and Display

Cigarshop is offline Junior Member

Default Products, Variants, and Display

Hello, this is my first post here so pardon if this has been covered. (I have looked and still cannot figure out the issue..)

The product variants work great when it comes to items like T-Shirts or Lighters that vary in color but not by price...but when it comes to cigars... Not so much.

We have items imported from QB POS - For example:

RALPHS CIGAR - No. 1 (robusto) $4.85
    RALPHS CIGAR - No. 2 (toro) $5.07
    RALPHS CIGAR - No. 3 (belicoso) $5.38

I have the product listed as Ralphs Cigar with No. 1 - 3 being the variants. Each variant has a different price but that price is not indicated before adding the item to the cart.

The variants can also be selected using the color/size dropdowns but the variant price remains defaulted to the initial product listing.

The standard -1.00 method will not work as the grouped items vary in pricing.

Is there a way to have a variant with a different price listed in the dropdown xml or have that price update as the color/size attribute is selected?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

You could just use the VariantsInDropdown XML package. That should accomplish what you are looking for.