Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Gift wrapping

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Gift wrapping

Has anyone developed a gift wrap option by product? I see lots of people wanting one and Jon at ADNS said they were looking at doing a gift wrap, and I don't see an add-in.
    Richard

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Gift wrapping can be done as a kit item option, or an order level option. Otherwise, it is a custom mod. The primary reason for this is that we asked 199 customers how they would like to see it implemented, and got 197 different answers back. This is one of those seemingly simple tasks that is actually nearly impossible to implement in a manner that meets everyones' requirements.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Gift wrapping with kit style

somewhere I had the specs for a general gift wrapping.
    Basically it should be something like the kits without having to update the kit separately from buying the product.
    The issue is having a one to many relationship with gift wrapping parameters and avoiding hard coding.
    Thus people could choose the pricing level of the gift wrapping, whether they want ribbon decoration, a greeting card with their message, and special instructions.
    By using the kit underpinnings I think this can be accomplished fairly easily and should have all the needs covered of all the ADNS developers.
    If you really want to get another level deeper you could create "gift kits" for each price level of gift wrapping which would appear when the pricing level is choosen.
    The appearance would be a config file which the developers could modify.
    We've been doing gift wrapping for years. If anyone else has gift wrapping needs more than the above I'd like to hear from you on this thread.
    Richard