Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Featured products on home page

jesse1 is offline Junior Member

Question Featured products on home page

Hi there,

I am sorry if this has been covered already, but I have searched all the posts and still not clear about it.

So, this is the issue, I just finished creating Featured products on home page. I have assign to it the entity.gridwithpricexml and increased the number of products that can be displayed to 20 (in the NumHomePageSpecials).

The problem is that I still see the products 1 per row as opposed to 4 per row.
    The same xml renders correctly (4 products per row with prices) in other categories.

Does this xml works differently when assigned to the home page in featured? How can I display the "featured" in a grid with prices on home page?

(using v. 8)

Thanks for the help

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

The featured products on the home page do not use the XML package that the featured category is set to. Instead, it uses the featuredproducts.xml.config file. That particular xml package would need to be modified if you wish to change the appearance of the featured products section.

Thanks,

Dan

jesse1 is offline Junior Member

I have looked for that xml pkg in my XML folder but was not able to find it, can you point me to it....

Thanks

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Are you using version 8.0.0.0 or 8.0.1.1? If 8.0.0.0, you won't have that xmlpackage because the featured product layout was controlled directly in the code. If you can't upgrade to 8.0.1.1 there are a few other posts out here showing how to customize home page featured product layout without modifying the source code
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>