Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product checkout linked to 3rd party

vondu is offline Junior Member

Default Product checkout linked to 3rd party

OK here goes...

I have a product I want to promote on my web page but when the product is clicked on, I want it to redirect to the manufacturers / distributors web order form.

Basically, I am the exclusive seller of a product but the manufacturer wants to handle all the ordering and shipping.

I looked under distributors but that only sends an email to the distributor. I dont want to handle any part of the financial transaction.

All ordering, money exchanging, shipping would occur on the distributors web page but I would need to display the product on my page.

Can that be done? I invisioned a picture of the product with a hyper link to the mfg/dist order page for that product.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Rob is offline Senior Member

Doable yes. but you will likely have to create a custom Product page layout via XmlPackage, which shows the product pic, description, click to buy link, etc...which link to the URL of your choosing. You can store the URL for the product in the ExtensionData field. Doable, not even hard really, but will need a bit of custom programming.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart