Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Using telerik controls

jSED is offline Junior Member

Default Using telerik controls

I need to simplify the product admin page for our customer. With that i want to use some telerik controls we have. The problem is when i plug-in the dll from telerik i get compilation errors in your chart wrapper. I can' t edit the wrapper cos you didn't deliver the code.

How can i solve this?

pacton is offline Junior Member

I too, am having the exact same problem. I tried support, and was disappointed to receive this response:

Hi Paul,

This issue has been caused by the customizations you have made. The problem occurs due to the installation of the 3rd party modules in which we no longer support. As per our support policy, we do not support customizations here in our support queue. You may post this on the forums or as well not to use this 3rd party modules if this causing the issue.

Thanks,

Melanie

All I want to do is use a couple telerik controls on a new web form. It actually works fine until I build the project, and then I receive 79 errors complaining about Telerik.Charting existing twice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

pacton is offline Junior Member

I am getting the same error.

I installed telerik and created a new web form, to test the new controls. Everything worked great. However, when I build the project I now get 79 errors pertaining to telerik.charting.

I opened up a support ticket to see if I could get help there, but they said they couldn't help me and I need to post on the forum.

I then opened up a support ticket on telerik and they responded with:

Hi Paul,

There needs to be only one version of the Telerik.Web.UI.dll in the project. You will either need to update the DLL that is used in AspDotNetStorefront with the one you are using in your bin folder. Or use the DLL from AspDotNetStorefront in your bin.

Greetings,
    Ivo
    the Telerik team

Unfortunately, I don't see a telerik.web.ui.dll in the aspdnsf solution.

I would really like to be able to use these controls.

Can anyone help out with this? Does anyone use anything else with better luck? maybe infragistics?

Thanks,
    Paul

jSED is offline Junior Member

Nobody has done this before???

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

The controls we ship are licensed only for use within the software, and as such, we have to create wrappers for them and things of that nature. Unfortunately we cannot provide source for that.

In the next release (no date specified yet) we should be shipping this as a strongly named assembly, which (in theory at least) would allow you to install a different version of the same assembly (strongly named as well) into the GAC and reference it in your project.

swade@suarez.com is offline Junior Member

Default ASPDNSFRadWrapper and Telerik Issues - Any Updates?

Any update on when a hotfix or the "upcoming" point release will be available (or any workarounds currently available) that will allow references to the latest licensed version of Telerik RAD Controls for ASP.NET AJAX for those of us customers that have the full suite and latest builds, either through the strongly named assembly functionality you mentioned or a more plugin/component-based architecture for 3rd party controls?

Having locked in certain Telerik controls inside the ASPDNSFRadWrapper and the resultant compilation errors whenever trying to reference the latest Telerik.Web.UI has become a major problem for us and our current project requirements that necessitate functionality and controls only available in the latest RadControls releases...

Thanks,

Scott Wade

el_jed is offline Junior Member

Question Split Applications?

The Telerik Wrapper is used in the admin section only, isn't it?

Is it possible to split the storefront in two ("admin" and "application")websites/webprojects?