Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Advanced "product builder" capabilities

viper7 is offline Junior Member

Default Advanced "product builder" capabilities

I am very new to ADNSF but do have extensive experience with the .NET Framework and DNN over the last few years. I have mainly been using AbleCommerce as my flavor of e-commerce software for the occasional requests that I get for e-comm site build-outs from my clients.

I would like to find out from someone who has a good deal of experience with ADNSF what the capabilities this software has of constructing a custom product builder, when you have a product that has say 5 - 10 configurable options that a customer can specify before adding the customized product to their cart. Here is a very relevant example:

http://www.resails.com/index.php?builder=true

Ideally, we would be constructing our product builder in a flash interface which would then interface with ADNSF, allowing the customer to add the configured product to their cart when done.

Can ADNSF accomodate in a fairly straightforward manner without much, if any, customization? or is this a 100% custom request?

I look forward any and all replies!

TiA!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's possible, yes. Have a look at the Kit products and how it is configured.

You might want to play around with our demo version and see how flexible the software is, you can sign up at https://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/demo.aspx

medichoice is offline Junior Member

Default Advanced Kit Builder

I remember having seen an ASPDNSF demo of an advanced kit builder package where the price was updating via AJAX and the add to cart and price sections were dynamically scrolling up and down the page. It was a computer product and one could add components to it.

Does anybody have the link to that demo?

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We had that in a few of the later 7.x versions but took them out of 8.x because we weren't happy with how a few things turned out. The AJAX kit product page will be back in the upcoming Ashland release, and works a lot like the product pages on our own site.

medichoice is offline Junior Member

great, looking forward to it!

Thanks!

diveloper is offline Member

I am testing ablecommerce demo along with aspdnsf demo. I can say aspdnsf seems to be much more powerful, more advanced and not for the novice user (I like that), ablecommerce seems much easier to use, but the feature set is definitely not even close. Although AC claims unlimited categories and products vs aspdnsf 250k. I can say one thing, AC says they are better than aspdnsf, and didn't talk kindly about them either, but then what do you expect from the competition? But I do look forward to the next software release from aspdnsf. I am willing to be a BETA tester if anyone is listening... (hint... hint..)...

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Two major flaws in ASPDN

The capabilities of ASPDN are very nice. Only wish these two things would magically appear:
    1. Gift wrapping
    2. Unlimited attributes- although they do keep track of the complex inventory involved in just two attributes and varients are a good work-around.

Please note: the paradyms for product presentation are different in ASPDN than in "flatter" systems. It takes time to understand the varients, kits, and packs, using 5 menus (entities), so many images, and other fancy stuff. .

Also, and I hope ASPDN people are listening, a rewrite of the manual to include all the things I have to hang out in the forums to learn would be nice.

It's good you have more than one website to build as I could never justify the amount of time to learn such a complex system for $$$ involved in just one site. But like you said, it's good there is no easy entry.

lambrite is offline Senior Member

I will second a better manual... The online one is really only useful when you already know exactly what you are looking for or exactly what you want to do, which, for a newbie, is of course never the case.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Regarding gift wrapping, I don't know exactly what you mean about this, but if it is something like the shopping cart is giving you option to select whether the ordered items will be gift wrapped or not, then you might be referring to Order Option feature.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Gift wrapping

Here are the specs for gift wrapping:
    1. Each product has gift wrapping available
    2. It should have a 1 to many relationship for different levels ($) of giftwrapping
    3. User choice of sending a greeting card with custom text (add $)
    4. If viewer buys three of an item and wants to giftwrap one, it becomes a separate line item from the two not getting gift wrapping
    5. Can change options by coming back to the item from the cart
    6. Have an attribute for wrapping paper design choice

I'll place this response on th emain ML forum too. It's really very important. We do quite a bit of giftwrapping now and plan to offer more giftwrapping ASAP. It would be nice to have radio buttons for things like added decoration like ribbon flowers and stickers as well as standard drop-downs for the 1 to many relationship.

Richard

diveloper is offline Member

AspDotNetStorefront Multi-Store Beta Released
    My Prayers have been answered! Don't mean to Spam but I asked for BETA and here it is! I'm IN!