Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How To Extend Core Classes?

Mike is offline Junior Member

Question How To Extend Core Classes?

I'm finding it impossible to extend core classes, i.e. AspDotNetStorefrontCore.ShoppingCart, to override the inline-coded presentation structure (which is less than optimal and table-based).
    I want to override the various methods in the shopping cart in order to implement a proper div-based solution.

How can this be done, seeing that the Core classes are not virtual? The problem with updating the core classes directly is that applying an update becomes impossible without breaking things (which is why I am redoing things in the first place).

Thoughts? Suggestsions?

Mike is offline Junior Member

Angry

Here's what I need to accomplish:

The shopping cart in AspDotNetStorefrontCore contains alot of inline html that isn't very maleable, meaning it is extremely hard to customize and is rigid in its presentation. I need to change the html output to be more standards-based, on not restrictive as far as presentation is concerned.

Any thoughts?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

I would probably move forward with modifying the core code (just keep good documentation and comment the code well). We are continually working on this and are actively pursuing changes to remove these from the core classes in order to make it more malleable.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>