Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Tax by $ not %?

schong0106 is offline Junior Member

Default Tax by $ not %?

I am trying to figure out how to handle different taxes in ASPDNSF.

In my scenario, certain items that we will sell will charge sales tax, but also FET and scrap(spellcheck) tax as well. And for this 2 taxes, 1 will based on the item and charge by $ per item, and another is same. And We will need this two tax appear in the cart as different line item as well...

From what I see, we can only apply 1 tax class to each product? Is there anyway we can apply multiple tax?

Any suggestion on how to accomplish above?

Thanks!

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Only one tax class/tax rate can be applied per product. To do otherwise would require some non-trivial modifications... Eg. is the second tax calculated on the product total, or the sum of the product price and the first tax that was applied, etc.