Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: What needs to happen to use ImageFileNameOverride??

dhs is offline Member

Default What needs to happen to use ImageFileNameOverride??

Hello,

I am new to aspdnsf. My company is going to use direct writing to the sql server to update our aspdnsf site. So far so good, but I am having difficulty figuring out what we need to do in order to get an image to show up while using the ImageFilenameOverride field in the ProductVariant table. I put in MFG-PARTNO.jpg into the field, put three versions of the image with that file name into their respective folders (Medium, Icon, Micro) and confirmed our xml package is looking for the image using a built-in function:

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:LookupProductImage(ProductID, ImageFilenameOverride, SKU, 'medium', 0, $AltText)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    I am missing something and have become lost trying to figure it out. I presume the missing piece is some bit of data that is checked in the LookUpProductImage function I have not taken care of yet.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

If you are using variant images, and not product images, you are using the wrong lookup function The LookupProductImage extension function only looks up the image for the parent product, not the variant. For variant images use:

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:LookupVariantImage(ProductID, VariantID, ImageFilenameOverride, $pSKU, 'medium', 0, $AltText)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />