Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Couple of pre order questions?

FireworkCrazy is offline Junior Member

Default Couple of pre order questions?

Hi All

Very impressed by what I have seen so far, but I have some questions.

Im currently using a shopping cart that has some customisations that I would like to make sure can be reproduced here.

The first is very important, Each product is given a NEQ "net explosive qty", when an order is processed and dispatched, we can click on a link which opens a PDF template file included in this are the customers details and the total NEQ for all the producs ordered. can this be reproduced?

Second, we host hi-res videos of many of our products and if x-field is added to the product a link for the video of that product is added to the generated page.

You can see an example of this on our live site www.fireworkscrazy.co.uk

Does the cart include a built in e-marketing tool to email customers newsletters with an automated un-subscribe feature.

The cart I currently use is very good, but it lacks important features. (like the one above) and things like single page checkout etc...

I look forward to your replies.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

I'm a bit fuzzy on the purpose of the "Net Explosive Quantity" functionality, however we do have fields in the product already (called ExtensionData) that could be used for storing custom data. You would just need to do some modifications (maybe to the receipt XML package) to make sure these carry through. Our receipts are generated as HTML instead of PDF, but that should not make a difference.

The video can also be accommodated using an extensiondata field. Fairly minor customization usually.

We do have a mass mailing manager that can email registered customers, and there is an auto-unsubscribe feature included.