Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Tracking Google Checkout orders in Google Analytics

wlk13 is offline Junior Member

Default Tracking Google Checkout orders in Google Analytics

I would like to use Google Analytics to track orders that were made with Google Checkout. The problem is that Google Checkout has its own separate order confirmation page, so the Google Analytics script on the ASPDNSF order confirmation page doesn't track those orders. I found this help page from Google - http://code.google.com/apis/checkout...tegration.html - that explains how to do this, however it is much too technical for me, and I was wondering if anyone knows how it can be done with Aspdotnetstorefront.

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Our Google Checkout implementation follows their November '07 API release. Two additional API features, Analytics Tracking and Order Report API, appeared in subsequent API releases, and have not been added to our code.

I'll submit this as a feature request for the next version, as it appears like a good feature to have.
    Jon Wolthuis

werbadmin_user is offline Junior Member

Hi,

We are also trying to track Google Checkout orders via Google Analytics and have also been pointed towards this page http://code.google.com/apis/checkout...tegration.html by google support.

We are using ASPDNSF version 8.0.1.2 - can you tell me whether this has been implemented within the ASPDNSF API yet? If not is it something we can code in ourselves?

side note: we have our Google Checkout set on API version 2.0 is this correct?

Many thanks

Steve

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That has been implemented in v8, yes. See this manual.

Cheers for the quick response - I have all this configured and we are tracking orders via the main gateway but not Google Checkout.

I think the issue might be that the customer is not getting redirected back to the ASPDNSF confirmation page after the transaction. Should this happen to allow the tracking?

Many thanks

Steve

Unhappy

Hi,

We are still having difficulties with this with the only order conversions being tracked by google analytics being the main gateway.

Scenario 1 - main gateway used
    • Customer pays via main gateway
    • Customer is taken to orderconfirmation.aspx
    • Order is successfully tracked in Google Analytics

Scenario 2 - Google Checkout used
    • Customer pays via Google Checkout
    • Customer IS NOT taken to orderconfirmation.aspx
    • Order IS NOT tracked in Google Analytics

With Scenario 2 being the issue - can anyone confirm whether the customer should be directed back to orderconfirmation.aspx after using Google Checkout or whether there is some further dev needed to the ASPDNSF API to be able to track Google Checkout transactions within Google Analytics.

Many thanks