Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Resource string excel

zeroone is offline Junior Member

Default Resource string excel

We translated all the strings to thw second language and we imported it. Everything in the public site is OK, but for the admin pages there is a strange behaviour.
    It seems that even if we change the cauurent user locale (from US to GR) the default.aspx main categories are always in the one language. The web config is set to GR. But still can we make admin users to enter with the LOCALE the choose when they register or not?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Not sure exactly what "main categories" you are referring to. Can you provide an example and/or a screenshot?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Example:
    we have two super admins in the STORE. Admin A & admin B
    Admin A has locale en-US in the Acount info page
    Admin B has locale el-GR in the Acount info page
    The normal would be, when i login with admin A everything to be in english (including the Top menu Categories, Manufantuctures, About etc...)
    and when i login with Admin B everything to be in Greek.
    The thing is that whether i login with admin A or B the Top menu remains in the default language/locale(when i say default i mean the language you have as primary to the web.config). Is this a bug? I currently run version 8.0.0.0
    For the admin main login page signin.aspx i understand that the default locale will be used but after you login it should check the user locale before loading.
    I also used ?localesetting=...... in the aspx pages but still one default language is presented.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The admin site is always going to be in the store's default locale. That does not localize according to the logged-in admin user.

thank you for your answer i expecetd that, it would be nice if you develop admin locale option in the future