Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: locale setting not following what I'm doing?

notions is offline Junior Member

Default locale setting not following what I'm doing?

Hi,
    I have had to change the locale settings over from US to UK I have followed the manual to the letter and deleted the US as the manual stated.

Whats wierd is that it is still using US language? I checked the database and it has my GB entries in and the US entries still there?

I have edited the renamed the excel to the GB version and changed the words uploaded checked that they import correctly (green) but it's still using the US language????

Please help
    Russ

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

I Just went through this as well.

Make sure you change your web.config. The following line is what to look for:

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" culture="en-CA" uiCulture="en-CA"/>

Also, I had to update all String Resources to use "en-CA" instead of "en-US".

And, if you have customer records that you have been using to test, make sure their locale is updated as well.

notions is offline Junior Member

Default still got the problem

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I had already done what what you said on your post. last night I uploaded it to another to test and first time I browsed the site it showed the correct text i.e. GB then the next time I viewed it showed the US one when I haven't even got it enabled in the locale settings. I had a look at the page source and foudn this section at the top
    <!--
    PAGE INVOCATION: /AspDotNetStoreFront80/c-89-3600-series.aspx
    PAGE REFERRER:
    STORE LOCALE: en-GB
    STORE CURRENCY: GBP
    CUSTOMER ID: 0
    AFFILIATE ID: 0
    CUSTOMER LOCALE: en-US
    CURRENCY SETTING: GBP
    CACHE MENUS: False
    -->

The thing is I was on a server that is in the UK on a private network i.e. 192.168.1.1. I wonder if thats whats causing it.

Any ideas?

Cheers Russ

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

As what Mbertulli stated, if you have customer records that you have been using to test, make sure their locale is updated as well.

To check this, go to Customers -> View/Edit customer and users, select the account of the customer you're using for testing by clicking on the NAME column and see the 'Locale Setting' dropdown list on 'Account & Info' page.