Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Calculate shipping on product detail page?

erich93063 is offline Member

Default Calculate shipping on product detail page?

Is it possible to somehow calculate shipping for a specific product right on the product detail page? If the user is on a product detail page, can we have them input their zip code and then calculate the shipping for that one product based on their zip code on the fly without having them have to add it to their shopping cart, register etc. Does Storefront offer a way to interact with the shipping methods on any page? I've also heard of an AJAX shipping calculator for Storefront. Anyone know what this might be and how to implement it?

??

THANKS

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You would need to enable the AJAX shipping estimator - see here.

miguelcrush is offline Senior Member

I'm having some trouble with it. I enabled it, and it did show up on the page... but after filling in the form, I get an alert box with an error code of 500. Thoughts?
    Mike Steyer
    Information Systems Admin

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Can you paste in the error message so we can see? thanks

What version are you using BTW?

Cforrester is offline Junior Member

Hi,

I know that this is an old post but I'm having the same problem as miguelcrush. I've set up everything accoring to the KB instructions but when a zipcode is entered it pops up a box that says: "There was a problem with the request. (Code: 500)."

We're using ML version 7.0.2.5.

Feel free to try it out here : http://trophypartner.forrestersystem...key-chain.aspx

Anyone have any bits of wisdom?

Thanks!

raseniero is offline Junior Member

Default Ajax Shipping Calculator

Hi,

I am ramon from JairoSolutions Inc a DevNet partner. With regards to your inquiry yes that is possible with ajax shipping calculator. May I ask what is the specific error? Please email us at info@jairosolutions.com for us to better assist you. thank you !
    Ramon Aseniero
    Technical Project Manager
    JairoSolutions.com (AspDotNetStorefront DevNet Partner)
    ramon@jairosolutions.com