Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Admin Site Session

HWC_Lady is offline Junior Member

Question Admin Site Session

Is there a way of having the 'timing out' feature not time me out on the admin side, or a way to tell it to give someone more time if they are in fact erasing items from the site, even if they haven't pressed 'Update'.

I had gone through 1000+ items, one by one, erasing items that should not have been included; however, before I could finish it timed me out.

And on top of being timed out, changes in price that I had made prior to 'timing out' did not appear to stay changed, even though I pressed the 'Update' button, and when I went on the site itself to check and see if the price change had been reflected, it had not.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

You can change the SessionTimeoutInMinutes AppConfig to specify how long the admin user can stay inactive for. Many hosting providers however will shut down your application pool after 15-30 minutes of inactivity to conserve resources however, so you might get logged out due to the application pool reset. There really isn't any way to work past that except to ask your host to increase the app pool timeout if they are will.

The best practice is simply to "save" your work from time to time, just like you would do for a word or excel document. Eg. instead of deleting 1,000 products at once, do 100 at a time.