Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product Sale Price means "On Sale"?

IrvineCAGuy is offline Member

Default Product Sale Price means "On Sale"?

ML 7.0.2

In Admin | Show Products on Sale | you can set the sale price.

I need a way to display the products that are set ON Sale, selected from the left navigation, in the same way a Category is selected.

For now I have a category "Sale Items" The customer has to first set the sale price for the items that they want on sale, then go to edit that product and add the category mapping.

I'd need to eliminate the "Sale Items" category and have the behavior of displaying all items that have a non-zero sale price, in the same way entity.grid.xml displays categories. If there a no products on sale, then the left navigation "Sale Items" should go away.

How to ???? Thank you,

(Hum. Maybe keep the Category, but change the xml to something like "entityonsale.grid.xml and then in the xml change the sql?)
    Last edited by IrvineCAGuy; 01-28-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Default Creating a Featured Products Side bar

Add SalesItem to your AppConfig Parameters, set its value to the number of products you want to show

Add SalesSideTeaser to your String Resource, set its value to whatever you want as a Sales Teaser

Add the following line on your Parser.cs:
    m_StaticTokens.Add("(!SALES!)", AppLogic.GetSpecialsBoxExpanded(AppLogic.AppConfig USInt("IsFeaturedCategoryID"), AppLogic.AppConfigUSInt("SalesItem"), false, false, false, AppLogic.GetString("SalesSideTeaser", SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting, ThisCustomer));

Then Add this <div id="sales"> (!SALES!)</div> to where the left navigation section lies on your template.ascx

IrvineCAGuy is offline Member

Default Sales Items in a sub-category

I'm not sure I understand this solution? The number of products is going to be how every many happen to be "On Sale" which is indicated by a non-zero value in the SalePrice field as set by the Products-->Edit/Update Prices page.

I have "On Sale" as a category, where I can then specify which XML file to call for this special case. The XML file should be modified/written to get all products that have non-zero SalesPrice, but when it builds the first display, it should display the sub-categories that contain sale items. So if we have a product category of "Sportcoats" then I should first see Sportcoats, then click on Sportcoats and see all the individual items are on sale. If there a no sportcoats categories on sale, then of course it will not show up.

Is there XML code alread that can do this? Or..how/where to modify?

Thanks.

kboxell is offline Junior Member

Hey,

I tried following the instructions above, created the AppConfig and String, but I'm hung up on the parser.cs instructions. I do not have any parser.cs file on the server. Is this a difference in the version of the storefront software? How or where to I need to put the "m_StaticTokens.Add("(!SALES!)", AppLogic.GetSpecialsBoxExpanded(AppLogic.AppConfig USInt("IsFeaturedCategoryID"), AppLogic.AppConfigUSInt("SalesItem"), false, false, false, AppLogic.GetString("SalesSideTeaser", SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting), SkinID, ThisCustomer.LocaleSetting, ThisCustomer));" statement?

Thanks,

Kevin

Jao is offline Senior Member

You'll need a source code to get an access to the Parser class which you will need to modify...