Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about Gift Card Prices when buying multiple..

FwAnK is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Question about Gift Card Prices when buying multiple..

Hi,

I have setup Email gift cards on my site in which the customer can type in the price that he wants.

However, when i buy 2 gift cards, they are always the same price. What if i want to buy a 50$ and another 100$ gift card? Is this a bug or something i did wrong?

thank you,

Jao is offline Senior Member

You should touch the AddItemToCart stored procedure and add @CustEntersPrice tinyint on the DECLARE section like the following:

DECLARE @RestrictedQy varchar(8000), @CurrentCartQty int, @InventoryFullSKU nvarchar(50), @InventoryWeightDelta money, @AllowEmptySkuAddToCart varchar(10), @ShoppingCartrecid int, @IsAKit tinyint, @IsAPack tinyint, @CustEntersPrice tinyint

and then add @CustEntersPrice = 0 on the if conditional statement, testing if item already exists in the cart, like the following:

IF @CurrentCartQty is not null and @IsAKit = 0 and @IsAPack = 0 and @CustEntersPrice = 0 BEGIN

Execute the stored procedure against your database

FwAnK is offline Junior Member

Thank you!

C-Clops is offline Member

Default Customer Enters price giftcards.

I have gift cards set up as Customer Enters price. The problem that I am encountering, is that once a price has been entered, the end user can no longer enter the price for a additional gift cards.

For example, if I put a $25 gift card in my cart. Every time I view the detail page for gift cards, the price is set to $25 and I cannot edit the price.

How would I set up the detail page so that it allows mutilple gift cards with different values?