Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Out of Stock Message Showing When Default Variant Hits Zero

lweedop is offline Junior Member

Question Out of Stock Message Showing When Default Variant Hits Zero

We're running Multi-Store 9.2.0.0 and are using a custom XML Package. I can't seem to figure out how to prevent the "Out of Stock" message from displaying when only the default variant is out of stock.

Examples:
    A) "Out of Stock" message displays
    Small - 0 (default)
    Medium - 10
    Large - 21
    Extra Large - 8

B) "Out of Stock" message does NOT display
    Small - 10 (default)
    Medium - 0
    Large - 21
    Extra Large - 0

Any ideas?

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

I bet your custom XmlPackage is setup to only read the inventory of the default variant vs the inventory of the active/selected variant? You might need to use some javascript or ajax to update the inventory message based on selection...
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

Quote Originally Posted by jsimacek View Post
    I bet your custom XmlPackage is setup to only read the inventory of the default variant vs the inventory of the active/selected variant? You might need to use some javascript or ajax to update the inventory message based on selection...
    When I set the Inventory Control to simply hide products with an inventory less than 1, the products with 0 inventory for the default variant still show up. Does that still align with your idea that the XML package is only reading the default inventory level?

Unfortunately I have a very limited knowledge of javascript and ajax.

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Correct, I believe so as the cart's procedures on the listing pages know to check all variants/inventories, but your custom XmlPackage probably is dealing just with default variant.

I could have our guys look into this for you if you would like a quote? Email me (Jan) at jsimacek @ compunix.us
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

Quote Originally Posted by jsimacek View Post
    Correct, I believe so as the cart's procedures on the listing pages know to check all variants/inventories, but your custom XmlPackage probably is dealing just with default variant.

I could have our guys look into this for you if you would like a quote? Email me (Jan) at jsimacek @ compunix.us
    I actually don't want the out of stock message to change based on selection. I only want the out of stock message to show up if ALL of the variants are out of stock and NOT show up if even a single variant IS in stock. Am I making sense?