Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Is it possible to disable international shipping through Google Checkout?

K-BL is offline Member

Default Is it possible to disable international shipping through Google Checkout?

What do you guys think? I'm testing this on our development server but don't see where to disable it. Could it be that it's not production and callbacks aren't working properly for requesting shipping methods?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Google checkout uses the same shipping logic as the rest of AspDotNetStorefront, so if you have international shipping enabled on your site, it would be enabled via google checkout as well. The only way to prevent this would be to programmatically return no rates for countries that are outside of your locale. The downside to this is that Google will STILL probably show some kind of rate based on the default shipping options/default shipping markup settings in your AppConfigs. You might want to check the google documentation on their site to see if there is some way to disable it in the settings on the google checkout site.

dsi2 is offline Junior Member

Default allowing shipping methods for certain countries only while using RT shipping

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront - Dan View Post
    Google checkout uses the same shipping logic as the rest of AspDotNetStorefront, so if you have international shipping enabled on your site, it would be enabled via google checkout as well. The only way to prevent this would be to programmatically return no rates for countries that are outside of your locale. The downside to this is that Google will STILL probably show some kind of rate based on the default shipping options/default shipping markup settings in your AppConfigs. You might want to check the google documentation on their site to see if there is some way to disable it in the settings on the google checkout site.

I want to keep our store from returning shipping methods for countries other than US and Canada. How can I do this?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

How do you have your shipping set up (eg. Real Time Rates, Shipping by Weight and Zone, etc...)? With anything but real time rates it's as simple as not mapping the other countries to the shipping methods in Set Shipping Countries (see our manual for more on shipping method mapping). With real time rates you would have to either remove all countries except for US or Canada so that customers can't register with those addresses, programmatically prevent real time rates from being used for those addresses, or set every real time shipping method that might be returned outside of the US or Canada in the RTShipping.RTShipping.ShippingMethodsToPrevent appconfig parameter (though this may also limit your valid shipping methods for US and Canadian customers)
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Thanks. I'm using RT shippng, but I found another thread that suggested that I go into the taxes area and remove the countries that I don't want to ship to. That seems like the easiest solution for us right now.

Sennaya is offline Member

Default Remove International Shipping from RT UPS

I need to remove international shipping from our ML 8.0 one step checkout page.
    There are too many customs rules and fees to do this automatically.
    Is there an appconfig somewhere to remove the international shipping address options? Perhaps it would hide the countries pulldown? How best to do this.
    thank you.

Yes. It's not in the app config. Go into the taxes area and delete the countries you don't want to ship to. This will keep your customers from being able to enter shipping addresses for any of the countries you deleted. This worked for me.

Sennaya is offline Member

Thank you!