Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: aspdotnetstorefrontdb_mssql.sql Script

skelsay is offline Junior Member

Default aspdotnetstorefrontdb_mssql.sql Script

Hi,

I followed the XP Installation Guide 'Verbatim' to set up our new dev site. In the Database Setup section it asks to Highlight the new database in the list and then press CTRL-O, and select the aspdotnetstorefrontdb_mssql.sql file and click OK. Then to click the Execute button. The script executed successfully.

This still generated errors that indicated the script might not have been run. In our installation of SQLEXPRESS 2005 SP2 the database highlighted does not remain selected as the target that the script will run against. So our master database was the one that was populated, not the new ASPDNSF database.

I re-ran the script against the correct new database and the storefront is working, but how do i undo the changes to the master database?

Thank You

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Regarding undoing the changes to the master database, aside from manually trying to remove all of the aspdotnetstorefront objects, the only thing you could really do would be to restore from a backup.

skelsay is offline Junior Member

That is what I figured... so I just tore down the database and re-installed since I was not too far into it.

Thanks