Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Visual Studio Setup

tonyeroberts is offline Junior Member

Default Visual Studio Setup

I'm very sorry if this is explained somewhere in the documentation but I couldn't find it.

I'm setting up a development environment and have a couple questions.

1. Do I have to install the site in IIS? I'd rather run it in Visual Studio's dev server.

2. Visual Studio's dev server runs under a random port (though I could set it to a particular port if need be). If I generate the License file for "localhost", will that work using a non-standard port (non port 80)?

Thanks for any help and sorry about the very basic questions.

Tony Roberts

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonyeroberts View Post
    1. Do I have to install the site in IIS? I'd rather run it in Visual Studio's dev server.
    The Dev Server will work fine. Keep in mind that the dev server is 32-bit-only. This generally isn't an issue, just something to be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyeroberts View Post
    2. Visual Studio's dev server runs under a random port (though I could set it to a particular port if need be). If I generate the License file for "localhost", will that work using a non-standard port (non port 80)?
    The port number is stripped out of the Url during the license-verification procedure. It should work fine.
    Jon Wolthuis