Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Using Stone Edge Order Manager with AspDotNetStorefront

Rob is offline Senior Member

Default Using Stone Edge Order Manager with AspDotNetStorefront

{more info to follow here in posts below}
    Last edited by Rob; 06-22-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

barney stone is offline Member

Default The Stone Edge Order Manager

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am the president of Stone Edge Technologies, Inc., the producers of the Stone Edge Order Manager. We began selling the Order Manager in 2000, and since then more than 2,400 merchants have chosen the Order Manager to help run their businesses. Most of our users have small companies that ship 10 to 500 orders per day. But we also have 12 users in the 2008 Internet Retailer Top 500, and some of them are shipping over 5,000 orders per day.

The Order Manager offers good integration with AspDotNetStorefront, as well as about 40 other systems, including Amazon, eBay and Shop.com. It is designed for multi channel merchants, so you can combine orders from multiple sources and manage them and your customers in one system. The program is PC based, so you own your data. It is written in Microsoft Access and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), and shipped with 95% open source code, so it is highly customizable. It includes features for managing orders, customers, payment processing, pick-pack-ship operations, drop shipping, purchasing and lots more. Although it has a few built-in accounting features, it is not intended as an accounting program. Instead, it has good integration with QuickBooks.

Prices for the Order Manager range from $1,500 for the Standard version to $2,500 for the Plus POS version, which includes an integrated Point of Sale system, and $6,000 for the Enterprise Version, which uses Microsoft SQL Server for data storage and has some other high-end features. You can read more about the Order Manager on our Website at www.StoneEdge.com. To sign up for one of our weekly live Webinar demos, go to http://www.stoneedge.com/schedule_demo.asp. Or give us a call at 610-994-3699 to talk to me or one of our sales people.

I will be monitoring this Forum, and will be glad to answer any questions you have. Thanks, and hope nobody minds the commercial message!

- Barney Stone, President
    Stone Edge Technologies, Inc.
    www.StoneEdge.com
    610-994-3699 ext. 111

seasonalsin is offline Senior Member

Barney,

Welcome to the ASPDN forum. I spoke with one of your support people today and he was very enlightening. I think it would be good if you could give a brief explanation of how an order would come in and be process with the system and what the communication with the cart would consist of with OM. It might save you a lot of calls like the one I had today as they can read it here 24-7.
    Shawn

http://www.FirstChoiceMarine.com

Currently 7.1 moving to MS9.3

Default Integration details

OK - here's how it works: We will provide you with a script that you install in your AspDotNetStorefront store. You can find details on that in the Stone Edge Knowledge Base at:
    http://www.stoneedge.com/help/OM_DOC...front_Cart.htm

Once the script is installed and you have set up a "shopping cart" in the Order Manager that points to it, you just have to click a button to import orders from AspDotNetStorefront. The Order Manager communicates with the script via secure HTTPS posts and XML, but you really do not have to know anything about that.

In addition to importing orders, the program can import customers (usually only done once to get historical data; normally customers are imported with orders) and products (may be done to get initial product info into the Order Manager and later on to get new products and product updates).

The program can also do real-time inventory tracking with ADNSF. Any change in quantity on hand in the Order Manager, e.g. from phone orders, orders from other shopping carts, POS orders, returns & exchanges, new inventory, etc., are sent to ADNSF automatically and within a few seconds. You can share inventory and customer data among multiple Web stores, including different cart types, and the program will retain the branding that you use on your different sites when you email a customer or print an invoice or packing slip.

And finally, the Order Manager can send tracking data back to ADNSF and set order status' to Shipped. I think that pretty much covers the integration points.

As orders are imported, the Order Manager can allocate inventory to them and flag any backorders, verify addresses against a USPS database and make corrections automatically, process credit card charges, check for repeat customers, etc. You can also set up "approval rules" that are run automatically, e.g. "change the shipping method to priority mail if the weight is less than 1 pound" or "cancel the order if it is from one of a list of countries" or "require a manual review of the order if the amount is over $500".

Once the orders have been imported, you can do just about anything with them, either one order at a time or in a batch mode. You can add, delete and revise line items, deal with returns, exchanges and RMAs, create regular and drop-ship purchase orders, process credit card charges and refunds, communicate with your customers and create follow-up tasks for you and your employees, pick, pack and ship your orders, and lots more.

Note that there is no "vaporware" here - all of these features have been in use for years by hundreds of merchants.

Hopefully that gives you a helpful overview. I will be glad to answer any follow-up questions, and my previous post has a link to a Web page where you can sign up for a free, live demo of the Order Manager. For further research, go to our main support page (http://www.stoneedge.com/support.htm) where you will find links to our Knowledge Base, User Forum, FAQ, etc.

Barney Stone, President
    www.StoneEdge.com
    610-994-3699 ext. 111

lexmicro is offline Junior Member

Though im very new to this forum and this is my first post. I vouche for Barney and his team at Stoneedge. I have been using stoneedge for 3 years plus now and i am very happy wiht them. Im currently in the process of moving the heck away form a YAhoo Store and into Aspdotnetstorefront. had Stoneedge not integrated with this cart i would not of moved.

Stoneedge has excellent support they will not let you down. their forum is an excellent resource of other shop owners that help each other. However once you get the ball rolling with the program you hardly need to contact them. Granted support costs, but for they charge its a bargain and very well worth every dime.

P.S. Barney i need to buy the aspdotnetstorefront cart im already in talks with Kevin,H about it.

Stoneedge knows what they are doing and will help you along the way. Keep up the good work Barney and to the rest of your team.

Damn proud to own Stoneedge and wouldnt think of moving anywhere else.

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

We are looking for a module that will enable us to do all that Stone Edge appears to do.

One thing that is important for us is the ability to manage pricing !!!!!

We will end up with over 20,000 products on our site and we get frequent price changes from our suppliers and it is becoming a nightmare to manage in a structured manner

Any help would be appreciated
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

The Stone Edge Order Manager does not currently have an automated way to update pricing in your shopping cart(s), although that is on our list for future development. However, if you make the changes in your shopping cart, you could then import just the price changes into the Order Manager with a couple of button clicks.

Barney, you guys can do this very easily using our WSI interface (part of the ERPS specification)
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

I'll keep that in mind. We hope to start working on that in the next few months.

random is offline Banned

I am happy that Barney is looking at ASPDNSF more closely now.
    Despite the fact it is written in Access (I believe not the best programming environment for enterprise systems today), it does day to day things very well.
    We are mostly satisfied with Stone Edge Order Manager (saves a lot of time processing orders), but we are yet to implement 2-way communication between SE Order Manager and ASPDNSF cart. Importing orders works fine, but we probably need help on updating status and inventory.
    Is it something new in SEOM?

The Order Manager can send tracking numbers to ASPDNSF, which sets the status for those orders to "Shipped". It can also send real-time inventory updates, so the quantity on hand in your shopping cart(s) matches the QOH in the Order Manager.

random is offline Banned

Barney,
    Great to know!
    Could you please point me to help page or documentation on how to send tracking numbers and inventory updates back to ADNSF?
    Thank you!

Greg -

We don't have anything in our Knowledge Base on that yet. If you give our support staff a call, they can help you with it.

random is offline Banned

Well I tried and according to Mark Setzer:
    "Status updates are limited to setting the status of the order to "Shipped", so you actually want to check "Notify cart" only for your *shipped* status. "
    MY take is that no tracking info is going back to ADNSF...
    What is real situation?

Mark Setzer is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    MY take is that no tracking info is going back to ADNSF...
    What is real situation?
    I've had at least one other user report a regression in the latest script for this feature - will try to confirm this afternoon and see if a fix is necessary. If not, you know how to reach me...

When the status changes to Shipped, it should send the tracking data to your store. If it is not doing that, you will have to call us for help with it. We are working on documentation for ASPDNSF integration now, and it should be available in our Knowledge Base (www.StoneEdge.com/help) in a few days.

random is offline Banned

Thank you!
    I opened a support ticket for that, as we probably have events set up the way, that update is not firing...

HomeIndoor is offline Member

Question Do you offer a trial period?

Do you offer a trial period?

random is offline Banned

Some update - SEOM integration is not working with v8.0.1.1 and there is nobody available to help! Person familiar with integration script is not in office and believe it or not - nobody else knows anything about it.
    Well, SEOM support was never the best in business...
    BTW, status updates back to ADNSF don't work for us and after all this time nobody at SE is willing to actually help.

trying to get to the bottom of this...will advise.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

random is offline Banned

Here's the proof of what I just said - I am getting reply from ADNSF to SEOM problem... SEOM people simply do not care.

Give us just a bit. We don't know the SEOM staffing, workload or any of that, but we'll try to sort it out with them, ok ? Who knows, they could have had 5 guys out sick (that's happened to us a few times even)
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

We've asked Barney to chime in. You can also contact him here directly if you want to use Stone Edge Order Manager with AspDotNetStorefront:

http://ordermotion.com/AboutUs/Conta...FQ8eDQod5zunZg

Let's see if we can get this unstuck.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Quote Originally Posted by HomeIndoor View Post
    Do you offer a trial period?
    We do not have a free trial period, but we do have a 30-day return policy. So you have to purchase the program, but you can return it for a refund within 30 days if you do not want to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront View Post
    We've asked Barney to chime in. You can also contact him here directly if you want to use Stone Edge Order Manager with AspDotNetStorefront:

http://ordermotion.com/AboutUs/Conta...FQ8eDQod5zunZg

Let's see if we can get this unstuck.
    Hmmm. I don't think the people at OrderMotion will know how to get in touch with me! A better link would be:

http://www.stoneedge.com/contact.htm

Now, here is the situation as I understand it:

Greg upgraded to a new release of ASPDNSF yesterday, and immediately ran into a problem importing orders into the Stone Edge Order Manager. We were not aware that a new release of the shopping cart was available, so obviously we could not have tested our integration script with it yet. Since nothing was changed on our end, I can only assume that something changed in the ASPDNSF API that affected our script.

Greg contacted Stone Edge, and was told that our ASPDNSF developer was not available because he was returning with me from a conference in Salt Lake City, and would not be back in the office until Monday. That was an unusual situation, since he only travels a few days a year. And yes, he is the only person at Stone Edge who is familiar with our ASPDNSF integration script. We only have a few developers on staff, we support over 40 shopping systems, and we are still new to ASPDNSF, so that is an unfortunate but unavoidable situation. And to top it off, our two senior support technicians, who might have been able to help, were both out sick.

Obviously and understandably Greg was upset about the situation. We recommended that he switch back to the previous release of ASPDNSF, but he was either unable or unwilling to do that. We look forward to being able to help him on Monday. Yes, we do care about our customers, but we are a small (16 person) company, and the reality is that not every problem can be fixed right away. Frankly, I think you will find that the same is true of our larger competitors, even though they charge many times what what it costs for the Order Manager.

I will be back in my office on Monday if Greg or anyone else needs to contact me.

Barney Stone, President
    www.StoneEdge.com
    610-994-3699 ext. 111
    Last edited by barney stone; 03-07-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: forgot to add signature

As I suspected, there are usually reasons for partners to be unresponsive, and atypical, or they would not be partners.

Barney, can you please talk with Dan on how we can get you into pre-release beta testing mode, so we can ensure smooth version upgrades if you can. Thanks.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Our developer sent me an email around 1:00 AM. He has fixed Greg's problem. It was caused by a namespace change in the latest version of ASPDNSF. Our script will have to be modified to detect which version of the cart is being used, and then use the appropriate namespace calls. Any other Order Manager users who are moving to version 8.0.1.1 of ASPDNSF should contact Stone Edge about getting a revised script.

My thanks to our employee, who just returned from a long business trip Friday afternoon, for dealing with this on his time off.

I will contact Dan tomorrow about getting into your Beta program.

Great. thanks again.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

random is offline Banned

It was fixed - I have to send my thanks to Mark! He worked on weekend and made sure it worked before start of the week.
    Comment - having backup person who is familiar with the functionality would be a real help.

HomeIndoor is offline Member

Question Do you offer a trial period?

I want to consider using your software, but can you set up a trial period. At the end of the day a demo does not allow the end user to experience how your software works.

It is obviously that when an individual or company signs up for your software, they are making a long term commitment.

Long story shorty, can you set up a trial period that will allow me to decide for myself if you company's software is an ideal fit for our storefront.

You might get more customers if you allow them to experience the software first hand rather than sit through a presentation.

Please feel free to follow up with me.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeIndoor View Post
    I want to consider using your software, but can you set up a trial period. At the end of the day a demo does not allow the end user to experience how your software works.

It is obviously that when an individual or company signs up for your software, they are making a long term commitment.

Long story shorty, can you set up a trial period that will allow me to decide for myself if you company's software is an ideal fit for our storefront.

You might get more customers if you allow them to experience the software first hand rather than sit through a presentation.

Please feel free to follow up with me.

Have a nice day.
    We do not offer a free trial period, but we do have a 30 day return policy. So you have to purchase the program, but you can return it for a refund within those 30 days if you are not satisfied with it.

bgustwiller is offline Junior Member

Default Questions to Barney

Hello,
    I'm currently investigating several options to take us to the next level on order management. We have been growing on Amazon. Some of the following issues I would like to know if stoneedge can help with?

1) If/when will stoneedge have real-time inventory updates with Amazon? We currently process orders twice a day on Amazon and update inventory to Amazon manually through a few Access queries, but we often only carry 1 or 2 on hand of a specific item and it can be sold in store, our website which is on the ASPDotNet cart, or Amazon. We are sharing our inventory through 3 channels: POS, ASP website, and Amazon. We need our inventory updating every 30-60 minutes at a minimum.

2) ASPDotNet storefront does not handle backorders well as evident by my questions next. Can stoneedge process a single order into 2,3, or more split shipments when necessary for customer care? Due to PCI compliance most gateways and shopping carts recommend not storing credit cards. How would stoneedge handle split shipments when you only have 1 authoriztion to charge against? When you go to ship the 2nd package would you need to call the customer to get the credit card details?

3) ASPDotNet has a spot for only 1 tracking#, and there is no Split Order status. Does stoneedge handle all the details and notes and only when the order is completed does ASPDotNet get "Mark as Shipped?" Can Stoneedge process return with tax details. This is a big drawback of ASPDotNet because it cannot handle refunds with tax on them.

bgustwiller is offline Junior Member

Default few more questions....

4) Does Stoneedge offer the option to pull inventory from a second off-site Store / POS? Situation would be where we are running our main store POS, website, and Amazon out of one location. Then, a backorder comes in.

Can we check on the management screen if there are any other stores that could fill the order and have it shipped to us or directly to the customer? There are so many options on how to handle these situations. ASPDotNet does not have a lot of checkout options unless we custom build something. My wish is to mimick Amazon and give the customer the option to keep the order in as few shipments as possible so they don't have to pay as much in shipping, but if they want the extra service and don't care they can have multiple shipments if they are willing to pay for it. Items can come from multiple vendors too.

5) I'm trying to develop a system that can also help us sell/stock/and ship for other local merchants in our town. Basically, Amazon on a much smaller scale. Can stoneedge handle such scenarios?

Exclamation

I will try to answer your questions.

1. Amazon inventory tracking: As far as we know, Amazon still does not offer a mechanism for real-time inventory tracking. In other words, there is no way for us to send Amazon a single SKU and a quantity change. What we can do is send a complete list of products and quantities, and you can do that several times a day. I suspect that Amazon would not appreciate having it done every 30 or 60 minutes, though. Amazon has told us that they do plan to add real-time update capabilities. Once they do, we should be able to add support for them within 30-60 days or so.

2. Handling backorders: Yes, the Order Manager can handle split shipments easily. Currently, most of our users would store credit card numbers (encrypted, of course) and process the charges as items are shipped. Starting in a few months we will be offering the ability (for those combinations of shopping cart and credit card gateway that support it) to store "tokens" instead of account numbers. You will be able to use the tokens for the additional charges, and your PCI compliance will be easy because no account numbers will be stored. (Actually, there will be an option to store the first 6 and last 4 digits of the account numbers, which are not considered to be sensitive information for PCI compliance purposes.)

3. Backorders and order status: The Order Manager will tell ASPDNSF that the order is "shipped" as soon as the first item ships, so that will not work well if you handle a lot of backorders. Instead, we would recommend using our order status system, which gives you a lot more control over what the customer sees, handles item-level status (e.g. when each item is backordered or shipped, etc.), and also handles tracking numbers for separate shipments.

3.a. Returns and sales tax: Yes, the Order Manager can handle returns and exchanges on taxable orders. We are also now compatible with AvaTax for those with more complex sales tax requirements.

4. Shipping from multiple warehouses or brick-and-mortar locations: No, we do not support that yet, but hope to by mid-2010.

5. Sell, stock & ship for other merchants: There are no specific features for doing that, but it can probably be done. For example, you could just set up a separate Order Manager data file for each of those merchants (assuming that they will have their own separate Web stores). I think that question is complex enough that it would be better discussed over the phone. Please feel free to call us to discuss it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Default Stone Edge 10th Anniversary Celebration & Discounts

Stone Edge Technologies is celebating the 10th anniversary of the Stone Edge Order Manager this month with 10% discounts on all versions of the Order Manager. Read about it at http://tinyurl.com/yf79khc

dsabot is offline Junior Member

Barney, any chance of updating the SEOM import script to work with ASPDNSF ML 8.0.1.2

We should have a fix available for ASPDNSF ML 8.0.1.2 in a few weeks. Apparently the ASPDNSF programmers removed or changed some functions that our script was using without warning us, so it will require some re-writing to work around that.

Much joy. Thanks Barney. Will you make an announcement here or your forum?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Barney, can you let us know what was removed? I wasn't aware of us specifically removing any functionality in 8.0.1.2.

Specifically when you run the ADNSF-Import.aspx import tool from Stone Edge you get:

Compilation Error
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'm_IncludesFreeShipping' is not a member of 'AspDotNetStorefrontCore.CouponStruct'.

Source Error:

Line 752: Dim coupon As CouponStruct = ord.GetCoupon
    Line 753:
    Line 754: If coupon.m_IncludesFreeShipping Then amount += ord.ShippingTotal(False)
    Line 755: If coupon.m_DiscountAmount <> 0D Then amount += coupon.m_DiscountAmount
    Line 756: If coupon.m_DiscountPercent <> 0D Then amount += (ord.Total(False) * (coupon.m_DiscountPercent / 100D))

Barney, can you let us know what was removed? I wasn't aware of us specifically removing any functionality in 8.0.1.2.
    Appears that the CouponStruct structure was modified; our script was using one of the members (m_IncludesFreeShipping) to help calculate the discount and return that information to OM.

Additionally, I'm happy to provide a copy of our script if you want; in general it tries to make use of your object model when possible to save us the duplication of effort, but it has proven difficult to maintain a script that will work cleanly with each version of the cart we want to support (currently, trying to work well with all 7.x and 8.x releases). In the interests of keeping our installation (and development) process simple, we try to make one monolithic script instead of branching for each cart release, but sometimes we have to find out about breaking changes the hard way- ie, when end-users install it in a new release for the first time and we get compilation errors.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Any word on getting this to work?

bfharris is offline Junior Member

Default AspDNSF Vs. 9+

I performed a search before posting and didn't see this question anywhere. I also posted the same question on the StoneEdge forum.

Has SEOM been tested with AspDNSF's version 9+?

Just wondering if the current version of SEOM will work as is, or if not, does SE have a planned import script update to become compatible with the latest version of storefront?

Thanks.

Default 2010 Stone Edge User Conference

The 2010 Stone Edge User Conference is just a few weeks away! The dates are April 23-25, and the last day to register at the early registration price is next Tuesday, March 23rd. This will be our 7th annual Conference. It's your chance to meet the Stone Edge staff, learn more about the Stone Edge Order Manager, network with other Order Manager users, schedule one-on-one sessions with Stone Edge programmers and support techs, and meet Roxanne Brown and vendors with add-ons for the Order Manager.

For details, please see:

http://www.stoneedge.com/main/other-...er-conference/
    Last edited by barney stone; 03-19-2010 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bfharris View Post
    I performed a search before posting and didn't see this question anywhere. I also posted the same question on the StoneEdge forum.

Has SEOM been tested with AspDNSF's version 9+?

Just wondering if the current version of SEOM will work as is, or if not, does SE have a planned import script update to become compatible with the latest version of storefront?

Thanks.
    We are waiting for a test copy of version 9. Once we have one, it should only take a few days to test our script against it, and make any changes that are needed.

lightbox is offline Junior Member

Barney, how will StoneEdge support the Multi Store Version. Would you need different licenses for each store?, and can would they be able to be setup as different carts on StoneEdge?

WelspunUSA is offline Member

Any idea on if Stone Edge will support ASPDNSF V.9 Multi-store? We already use Stone Edge currently, and our people that use it like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WelspunUSA View Post
    Any idea on if Stone Edge will support ASPDNSF V.9 Multi-store? We already use Stone Edge currently, and our people that use it like it.
    Have not looked into this just yet, but will investigate supporting it in the next round of updates (probably about a month away from starting that).

thfinch is offline Junior Member

Default Month has transpired since...

Quote Originally Posted by barney stone View Post
    We are waiting for a test copy of version 9. Once we have one, it should only take a few days to test our script against it, and make any changes that are needed.

...you said a few days. Any word on SEOM compatibility with version 9?

We have a programmer looking at it now. I should have a better idea of what it will take in a day or two, and will let you know.

seasonalsin is offline Senior Member

Using the built-in WSI feature for data exchange would be the cat's meow! Especially if SEOM could be used for "Master Data".
    Shawn

http://www.FirstChoiceMarine.com

Currently 7.1 moving to MS9.3

Our programmer has taken a look at version 9, and it will require several days of work to modify our script to support it. However, he is working on another project that must be completed first, so this is going to take longer than I anticipated. I think we can safely say that it should be done by the end of this month (May, 2010). That will not include multi-store support - that will take a lot more work and we do not plan to support it this year.

thfinch is offline Junior Member

Default SEOM and V9+

Will see functionality between SEOM and V9 end-May as promised????

Yes, the Stone Edge Order Manager is now compatible with ASPDNSF version 9. We released our updated script a week or two ago, but I've been busy and forgot to announce it here. Current Order Manager users can download the latest script from our server. Please note that this does not include multi-store support. We have not made a decision yet on whether to support that, or when it could get done.

mikemurphy is offline Senior Member

Does SEOM integrate with Sage Accounts (UK) ?
    8.0.1.4 W2008R2 64-bit MSSQL2005

The Order Manager does not integrate directly with any other accounting systems except Quickbooks. However, the same data that is normally sent to QB (journal entries, bank deposits and payables) can also be exported into a text file. So if Sage Accounts can import that type of information from a text file, you might be able to get that to work. If that does not work, you can have the Order Manager print an Accounting Summary report for any range of dates. The totals from that report can then be manually entered into your accounting system.

hmmm - dont thinks thats going to be acceptable for us (constantly exporting/importing etc) and investing in an order management package that requires manual entry to our accounts package doesnt really make sense

Sage is THE major accounts package in the UK and it looks like we wont be able to use SEOM unless Sage integration is supported (ps.....the accounts package is used in 160 countries according to wikipedia so is it not important ?)

cheers

Sorry, but that's the best we can do right now. Yes, it would be great if we could support Sage, as well as some other popular accounting programs. But we are still a small company (20 people now, but only a few are developers) and since the majority of our market uses Quickbooks, we have to devote our resources to other areas right now. Maybe next year.

cheers Barney - keep us posted on progress and you'll have a buyer

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Hey Barney,
    Our company manages the ASPDNSF e-Commerce solution, Warehousing, and fulfillment for several clients. If we purchased Stone Edge Order Manager would we be able to set it up for several different stores?

Quote Originally Posted by sduffy77 View Post
    Hey Barney,
    Our company manages the ASPDNSF e-Commerce solution, Warehousing, and fulfillment for several clients. If we purchased Stone Edge Order Manager would we be able to set it up for several different stores?
    Yes. As long as you are just using the program internally (and not providing it to your clients), you can use it to manage as many stores as you like with no additional charges. You can import from multiple shopping carts into one Order Manager store (which you might do if they belong to the same client) and/or set up separate stores for each client.

zmm12345 is offline Junior Member

Default integration

I need a system that has integration already done for
    aspdotnetstorefront
    ebay
    amazon

Does stone edge have this integration done?

Quote Originally Posted by zmm12345 View Post
    I need a system that has integration already done for
    aspdotnetstorefront
    ebay
    amazon

Does stone edge have this integration done?
    Yes - the Stone Edge Order Manager works with aspdotnetstorefront, Amazon and eBay, as wells as over 40 other shopping carts. You can find the full list on our site at:

http://www.stoneedge.com/cartmatrix.htm

Both the Amazon and eBay integrations require 3rd-party programs. For details, please call us at 610-994-3699 and press 1 for Sales. John or Eric will be glad to explain the details.

zmm12345 is offline Junior Member

How about ML9 multistore?

Quote Originally Posted by zmm12345 View Post
    How about ML9 multistore?
    We do not support ML9 yet, and probably will not for at least another few months.

BTW - I will be discussing the Stone Edge Order Manager and business software in general at the ASPDNSF Conference in Las Vegas next week. I look forward to meeting some of you there.

Chs is offline Junior Member

Default Yes or NO

so does stoneedge integrate with AspDotNetStorefront CURRENT Version?

-I'm referring to the single store ML9 Not Multi-Store & if the answer is later on, the question is when?

Quote Originally Posted by Chs View Post
    so does stoneedge integrate with AspDotNetStorefront CURRENT Version?

-I'm referring to the single store ML9 Not Multi-Store & if the answer is later on, the question is when?
    Yes, the Stone Edge Order Manager is compatible with ASPDNSF ML9 (but not multi-store).

SwankIBS is offline Junior Member

Default 7.0.1.0

I have a client on an older version of ADNSF with a lot of custom functionality built-in (making it costly for an upgrade). They are running 7.0.1.0 and are very interested in using the Stone Edge Order Management software. Do you inherently support this older version as well? If not, could your scripts be modified (on our end of course) to integrate?

Thanks!

-John

Quote Originally Posted by SwankIBS View Post
    I have a client on an older version of ADNSF with a lot of custom functionality built-in (making it costly for an upgrade). They are running 7.0.1.0 and are very interested in using the Stone Edge Order Management software. Do you inherently support this older version as well? If not, could your scripts be modified (on our end of course) to integrate?

Thanks!

-John
    The programmer who works on our ASPDNSF integration tells me that the earliest version we support is 7.0.1.2. You would be welcome to try to modify our script to work with their earlier (and customized) version, but of course we could not make any guarantees that it would work.

toofast is offline Senior Member

can you let us know as soon as multi-store integration is ready?

Quote Originally Posted by toofast View Post
    can you let us know as soon as multi-store integration is ready?
    Yes, I will. Unfortunately, I cannot say when that will be.

medsupply is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by barney stone View Post
    The Order Manager can send tracking numbers to ASPDNSF, which sets the status for those orders to "Shipped". It can also send real-time inventory updates, so the quantity on hand in your shopping cart(s) matches the QOH in the Order Manager.
    Barney,

One of the reasons we are considering using SE is that ASPDNSF has multi-vendor capabilities but, when it comes to sending tracking numbers, it only does it one time. As soon as you enter a tracking number, it closes the whole order. What about when, in a multi-vendor order the remaining products haven't shipped from the other vendors?

How does SE resolve this? We would like to send a tracking email as each of the packages ship, then close the order when the last package ships.

Also, our vendors accept flat files but not via email, instead they give us an FTP location to "dump" the batch order files and pick up the order status files. Can SE do this?

Thx!

You could let the Order Manager, which supports multiple shipments per order, send the tracking emails to your customers, instead of having ASPDNSF send them. Then either let ASPDNSF close the order when it receives the first tracking number from the Order Manager, or don't bother closing them and handle all post-order tasks in the Order Manager. You could also use the Stone Edge Order Status System, which would let your customers log in and see the status of their orders, including multiple tracking numbers.

As for your vendors, the Order Manager can create flat files for drop-ship purchase orders, but not for stocking POs. You would have to manually FTP the files, although automating that is on our "wish list" for possible addition in the future.
    Last edited by barney stone; 08-02-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Andmes is offline Junior Member

Default StoneEdge support for Aspdnsf 9.2 MS ? - Are we getting closer ?

It's been some time since this thread got started....I'm just checking-in to see if we are getting closer to getting StoneEdge Order Manager to support Aspdnsf 9.2-MS?

Are we getting closer?

jonmcguffin is offline Junior Member

They are struggling mightly with their own version 6.1xx right now, I have a hard time beleiving they've been able to do any additional updates on this to address some of the issues brought up here.

Default Other web order manager options for MS-9.2?

Does anyone know of any other options of web order managers that support MS 9.2? I've run across T-Hub from Atandra as well as Fishbowl with an accompanying add-on called Fishbowl Connector ( http://www.fishbowlezconnector.com/). Any experiences with these products or others would be appreciated.

I started using Stone Edge a couple weeks ago. There is a huge need for custom developers and trainers. If anyone knows Stone Edge well, please contact me and i will pay for your time to train us.

Default Order Management for ASPDNSF MS 9.2

It's been quite a while since I started looking into order management capabilities for Aspdotnetstorefront 9.2 Multi-store edition and I have yet to hear anything back confirming support from Stone Edge. I just found out yesterday that there's a product from Atandra called T-Hub that does in fact support MS 9.2.

Has anyone had any experience using T-Hub? Is it a comparable replacement for Stone Edge Order Manager?

i've use both. thub is good starter software, but stoneedge is much more full featured software for bigger business or growing small businesses. its hard to use thub as your "order manager" unless your business doesn't require complex backorders, inventory allocation, multiple sales rep, in-depth sales reporting, etc.

Default Did StoneEdge give up on its support for Aspdotnetstorefront?

This thread has been open for quite some time, a few years actually. Judging from the feedback, or lack of, it would appear as though StoneEdge has given up on wanting to support Aspdotnetstorefront, at least for the MS (Multi-Store) edition.

Can anyone confirm this?

Are there any new and upcoming alternatives that support MS 9.2?

i switched to stoneedge 2 months ago. it doesn't technically support 9.2 multistore but it works for me, i just had to make some customizations for it to support 2 stores that i have. if you just have 1 store then it works fine.

Default Using Stone Edge Order Manager with AspDotNetStorefront

Thanks for that reply. I've already invested in MS 9.2 with an intent on setting up a number of small individual sites. I'm not a programmer and I prefer to leave that stuff to the software companies that I buy the software from to support their products.
    It seems to me that it shouldn't be a big deal to get ASPDNSF MS9.2 to work with StoneEdge.
    I guess I don't understand why there hasn't been a lot of interest on this for the past few years. There hasn't even been a reply back from StoneEdge for quite some time.

If StoneEdge has given up on supporting Aspdotnetstorefront, it really doesn't make sense for me to invest in their software.