Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Custom Skin - Main content not lining up properly in firefox. Footers in IE

karnaman is offline Junior Member

Question Custom Skin - Main content not lining up properly in firefox. Footers in IE

Hi all!!
    I am new to skin design and stuff and I am having the following rather frustrating problem.
    The main content on the site refuses to get lined up properly in firefox. I used a template from a book to get myself started. Here's the problem: Any time I have a category description, it aligns the category description to the top and the rest of the content to the bottom. It works fine in IE, but if I remove the "zoom" statements from the .twoColFixLtHdr #mainContent style, it does the same thing in IE as well!!
    Also the footer refuses to stay in the same place in IE, but follows the size of the page, maddeningly! In firefox, it's anchored to the bottom of the page.
    You can see what I'm talking about here :

EDITED

Checking the source, Ive come to believe the problem is related to a <br clear="all/> tag being generated right after the category description. However I'm not sure how to remove it or what part of the application is causing it to be generated. Also the old skin (ASPDNSF default skin with mods) generated the same tag and i didnt have this problem!!!

As you can see IE has the content right but not the footer, and Firefox is just the opposite!

Please help!!!!
    Many thanks!!
    Last edited by George the Great; 01-12-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com/ml/faq_security.ashx

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Try tweaking the "width" in "#content" in style.css by 10 or so pixels in either direction from the default. That usually takes care of it

Also make sure to follow our security best practices to make sure you and your customers are as protected as possible.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Thanks Geroge!! I will be sure to follow the guidelines.

I tried fiddling with the main content widths in the stylesheets and in the entity.grid.xml.config file. Basically it makes the category description and the subcategory grid expand and contract but doesnt change anything else. The description is still at the top and the subcats are at the bottom!!!!
    Is there anything else you can suggest?
    Where is the <br clear="all"> tag being generated? If I change it to a clear="both", the problem seems to go away, but I'm not able to tell where its coming from!!
    Thanks again!!

ok i fixed it....had to enclose the main content div inside a dummy table, then everything lined up nicely. I guess the clear work slightly differently inside a table then....now for this silly footer!!!

codelean is offline Junior Member

Default help in ie

please help me fix my ie issues. i tried to write a condition that the site renders ie.css when in ie browser and renders style.css when in other browsers. i could be doing it wrong, but please, i'd appreciate it greatly for any assistance!

please check url: https://secure.salesbasix.com/default.aspx?skinid=2