Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: SSL Certificate

sprogg is offline Member

Default SSL Certificate

Can anyone recommend where to get an SSL certificate please? We are based in the UK, whether that makes any difference with our own dedicated server.

fsantos is offline Senior Member

A few years ago I used Verisign (expensive and too much paperwork to validade you . better after finding a local Verisign partner). Then I used InstantSSL. A LOT cheaper and working as well. The last couple of years I've been using GoDaddy and it works great and have great pricing too.

I'm not based in the USA either, so your experience should be similar to mine. It just works

fsantos

ASPDNSF Staff - Jon is offline Senior Member

You may want to consider a "single root" SSL Certificate, issued by certificate authorities that have their own Trusted Root certificate pre-installed in major browsers. The CA that I use is rapidssl.com, but there are several others.

Some sellers (GoDaddy is one of them) sell certificates with "chained roots". You actually receive a certificate, plus an additional "intermediate certificate" that you need to register on your server to complete the installation procedure.

Another consideration is for Google Checkout. They recognize certificates that are part of Java's certificate store. You can find more information here.
    Jon Wolthuis