Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Kits Import

ohiwantthat is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Kits Import

I am new at using Kits.

I took the file "excelimport.xls" located in the "importfilesamples" on my website.

I uploaded the data for the kit sample.

The upload went well, but when I go to the site to see the product, I get an error.

First I noticed that the data in the product table shows the column "isAKit" as zero, eventhough the file shows that value as 1.

After I update the value in the product table and search for the product in the website, I still get an error. Shown below.

=================
    XmlPackage Exception: Exception=Last Trace Point=[]. An error occurred during a call to extension function 'ProductandEntityLink'. See InnerException for a complete description of the error.

Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

System.ArgumentException: Last Trace Point=[]. An error occurred during a call to extension function 'ProductandEntityLink'. See InnerException for a complete description of the error.

Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

at AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.XmlPackage2.TransformStr ing() at AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.AppLogic.RunXmlPackage(X mlPackage2 p, Parser UseParser, Customer ThisCustomer, Int32 SkinID, Boolean ReplaceTokens, Boolean WriteExceptionMessage)

===============================

What am I doing wrong?
    Does anybody has any excel data sample that I could use for testing?

Thanks
    Last edited by ohiwantthat; 01-10-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: I moved a step further in the troubleshooting

Rob is offline Senior Member

We ship a .xls with the master download with kits in it. Did you compare your file to that one?
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

ohiwantthat is offline Junior Member

Default Kit Import

That is the one I am using but does not work?

Rob is offline Senior Member

what version are you running? when you say it doesn't work, what does the import log show?
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart