Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Fractions of Products

tigreye007 is offline Junior Member

Default Fractions of Products

Has anyone had success with fractions of a product? A potential client sells their product by the yard, so base unit would be 1 yard. However, users will need the ability to purchase 1/2 a yard or 3/4 of a yard. Now, we could obviously switch this to use 1/4 yard as the base product, however I was hoping it would be simple to modify the system to allow "0.25" or "1.75" to be entered instead.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Modifying the page to allow fractional quantities wouldn't be that difficult, but that's not all there would be to it. You'd then have to modify all of the pricing logic, the shipping logic, inventory control, etc. Making the lowest common denominator of all the fractions you're willing to sell as the base quantity is really the easiest way.

Allan is offline Junior Member

Default Fractional Support

Yes, I have contracted to make this change. I first did it on the 5.9 version and have been running this since 2006. I am currently having the change made for version 7.1. You can see the 5.9 version at www.quiltbasket.com (yes, we sell fabric). Anyone else intereste in fractional support?

VibeCommerce is offline Member

We did a solid and fairly non-intrusive modification for version 7.1.1.0 and version 8.0.0.0 in which you can order fractions of a product, say, you are ordering lengths of fabric. What it also does is decrement inventory and a remainder column so that your inventory is always within a unit of 1. This way, inventory can stay in check. It would require you contacting me because it's much too difficult to try to walk through on the forum.

We are an approved DevNet partner as well.

DavidMyers is offline Junior Member

This is exactly what I'm looking at for my client (who is also a quilting store funnily enough). We need to be able to sell fractions of a product (measured in metres). How do you go about doing this? I also notice that on Quilt Basket, the minimum quantity is set to a decimal amount as well. We will also need this feature.

VibeCommerce is offline Member

Visit our site to get our contact information and we can discuss your requirements.

Thanks