Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Download Email

DigimotoBob is offline Junior Member

Question Download Email

I am currently running AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0 and I am wondering where is the best place to hook into to add extra information to the download email that is sent out. I need to add a serial number to this email and I need to hook the area just prior to sending the email, so that I can generate the serial number so that it can be sent with the download email. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Jesse is offline Banned

It's in the AppLogic class, "SendOrderEMail" method. You'd need source code of course, but this is where the downloadable products email gets sent. You can alter it there, as well as write your custom serialization logic.

tmai is offline Junior Member

Default Force Download on downloadable product link

Hi, currently when a customer gets the instruction download email with links to their purchased digital product, the link will open the digital file with a default program for viewing.
    Can we change the link in the email to force download the file into their chosen destination?