Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about category browse loading

SteveVection is offline Junior Member

Default Question about category browse loading

After a number of category browses (4 or 5) the category page never loads and the w3wp.exe process is racking up lots of process time and using more and more memory. There is only one user on the system.

We have an a - z menu of categories with sub-categories and then products underneath. It is when we are browsing the sub categories that we get the problem. However if we stop the current page and try one of the previous categories then the page loads without problem.

If we do an admin resetcache then the category browse loads immediately.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is happening.

MarcJ is offline Senior Member

Are you using Template Switching? And if so, do you have the C# or VB version of the store?

SteveVection is offline Junior Member

I don't think I am using template switching. I am just using the standard xml packages.

We have tried to do a SQL trace and it seems to be showing that the same functions are being called again and again but none of them are the GetProducts procedure.

Jesse is offline Banned

You're going to have to submit a support ticket for this. If you're using custom XMLPackages, please be sure you're not causing recursion somewhere. If you are not... the support team should be able to assist you.

ryanvmcgee is offline Junior Member

Default Same Problem

Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? All the sudden my category and other entity pages are taking forever to load, so long that they never load. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Ryan