Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Real-Time Freight Quotes

Dbennett4995 is offline Member

Question Real-Time Freight Quotes

I am a newbie to ASPDNSF attempting to integrate a real-time freight calculator from freightquote.com, I have been given whitepapers as a programmer's guide. Where do I integrate this real-time connection into ASPDNSF ? The files I am working with are in VB.NET and XML. Should I change up the shipping.vb or shoppingcart.vb files to display the quotation input and output forms? Should I put together an XML package for this or develop parameters shuch as the ones for the UPS Real-time quotes? Our products will be shipped from mulitple distributors and I will also need to draw product data relevant to freight quoting such as Freight Class, and type of packaging. Any help concerning this would be greatly apprectiated.

Jesse is offline Banned

You could use UPS or one of our other RTShipping APIs as a template for the integration. You could add your FreightQuote.com to the GetRates switch in the RTShipping class, do the XMLMapping FreightQuote expects from the package collection, and append the request/response to our RTShipRequest/RTShipResponse variables.

Customizations to the gateways and shipping APIs are fairly advanced work. If it proves to be beyond the scope of your dev team, I recommend contacting one of our DevNet partners for assistance.