Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Continue Shopping Button

Krux is offline Junior Member

Default Continue Shopping Button

I am interested in the btnContinueShoppingTop and the btnContinueShoppingBottom buttons on the shoppingcart.aspx pages, being able to return to the previous page.

I have configured the appsettings to take it back to the specific manufacturers page currently.

Any help would be great.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

The default behavior (as long as the AddToCartAction appconfig is not set to STAY is toi return to the page you were previously viewing (eg. the page where you added the item to the cart). What version/codebase (C# or VB) of AspDotNetStorefront are you using?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Krux is offline Junior Member

Default Continue Shopping Button

I am using the C# code base and see where you are adding the string variable called "ReturnUrl" to ViewState, but by default it is not using that variable...it goes back to the home page (default.aspx)...The only modification that I have made is to now redirect it to the specific manufacturers items page.

Maybe I am not explaining my needs clearly, please find the actions a customer would take.

User clicks on the Add to Cart button --> the page is redirected to shopping cart
    --> then the user clicks on "Continue Shopping" button --> the browser returns to the previously viewed product page.

Maybe if you have no quick solution, I will just add a literal and simply give the user a confirmation of product having been added and simply not go to the cart.

dragon is offline Member

Default Continue Shopping Button going to home page

I can not seem to figure out how to make the Continue Shopping Button go back to the product page that they came from. If they add the item to the cart and then click the Continue shopping button they go to the home page. How do I make it go to the product page that they came from? Thanks.
    Need Halloween Costumes?
    Don't let your party be a bust because you didn't shop with us!
    HalloweenAndCostumes.com

dragon is offline Member

Does anyone have any idea how I do this? Thanks
    Need Halloween Costumes?
    Don't let your party be a bust because you didn't shop with us!
    HalloweenAndCostumes.com