Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Working with Smart Mini-Cart and Vibe Attribute based Filtering

DDM486 is offline Junior Member

Default Working with Smart Mini-Cart and Vibe Attribute based Filtering

Hello all,

On my storefront site, running 9.3.1.1, I purchased the Smart Mini-Cart add-on (http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...mini-cart.aspx) quite a while ago and have been happy with it. About a week ago, I ended up purchasing another add-on to help with search filtering and sorting, Vibe Attribute Based Filtering and Sorting (http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...aspx?catid=156). After installing the module, I soon discovered that my Add to Cart button no longer works. There seems to be some kind of conflict between these two add-ons, as it will work if one or the other is installed, but not both. Has anyone come across this issue and what were you able to do to resolve it? I don't get any messages in the System Log page, but with Firebug, I did discover this javascript error, of which I have attached a screenshot.

Name:  add-to-cart-error.png
Views: 21
Size:  7.3 KB

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by DDM486; 06-28-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Better screenshot

shark92651 is offline Member

I have the same configuration and I ran into the same problem. I contacted Vibe Commerce and they fixed it for me, although I had to pay for it. I think the code below was the simple fix, but not 100% sure - worth a try. If it doesn't work, contact Vibe Commerce's support.

This looks like the fix, but I don't have the original file handy to compare. I found this code in the newminicart.js file in my App_Themes/Skin_1 folder - check your code and see if it is different as I believe this may be the change that was made to fix it:

In function ajaxifyAddToCartForm(form, productimageid, productID, variantID)

Code:
    //var oldwebformsubmit = WebForm_OnSubmit;
    var oldwebformsubmit = (typeof WebForm_OnSubmit === "undefined") ? 0 : WebForm_OnSubmit;
    var oldformsubmit = form.onsubmit;
    Last edited by shark92651; 07-10-2013 at 10:47 AM.

DDM486 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
    I have the same configuration and I ran into the same problem. I contacted Vibe Commerce and they fixed it for me, although I had to pay for it. I think the code below was the simple fix, but not 100% sure - worth a try. If it doesn't work, contact Vibe Commerce's support.

This looks like the fix, but I don't have the original file handy to compare. I found this code in the newminicart.js file in my App_Themes/Skin_1 folder - check your code and see if it is different as I believe this may be the change that was made to fix it:

In function ajaxifyAddToCartForm(form, productimageid, productID, variantID)

Code:
    //var oldwebformsubmit = WebForm_OnSubmit;
    var oldwebformsubmit = (typeof WebForm_OnSubmit === "undefined") ? 0 : WebForm_OnSubmit;
    var oldformsubmit = form.onsubmit;
    Many many thanks to you my friend. That did in fact do the trick. I had contacted Vibe support as well and was really hoping I didn't have to pay them, so this helped me out a bunch.