Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: initial installation/ IIS installation

jesse1 is offline Junior Member

Default initial installation/ IIS installation

Hi,

I just purchased the program and started the installation. The first step in the manual recommends installing the IIS (internet information services) I followed the instructions and went to control panel, than Windows components BUT unfortunately, I do not see the IIS in the list, as such, I can’t proceed. I am using xp home edition. Can anybody tell me first; is this component an XP professional feature only? And second, is it absolutely necessary to have the IIS in order to install and run the program on a local host.

Thanks

ASPDNSF Staff – Eirol is offline Senior Member

You need a web server particularly IIS to run ASPDNSF applications. Web server is a requirement for web applications.

Yes, IIS is not available for WinXP Home Edition. There are certain tweaks you can find on the net on how to install IIS on Home Edition. I haven't tried those instructions though. So employ it at your own risk. Best thing to do is to upgrade for WinXP Professional Edition.