Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: This source file has changed.

mdomke is offline Junior Member

Default This source file has changed.

ASPDNSF 7.0.2.5
    VS 2005

I'm experiencing an issue that just started today. I am making some modifications to RTShipping.vb and my modifications don't seem to be taking. Usually when this happens I debug the code by stepping through the source. This worked just fine earlier today. But, all of sudden I started getting this message when stepping through the code:

"This source file has changed. It no longer matches the version of the file used to build the application being debugged."

Again this just started. I was able to successfully step through the code earlier today but now it seems I can't. This is really wierd. I've tried deleting the .dll and recompiling, deleting any .Net temp file, rebooting, you name it.

The biggest problem is that none of my chages in RTShipping.vb seemed to be called. It appears that a previous version of the vb file is being used and I have no idea why.

I normally would not use this forum for this type of post but my search of the internet turned up no help. I am using this forum as a last resort. If anyone can help or point me in another direction to resolve this I would be most grateful.

Thanks,
    -mbd

Rex is offline Banned

I have had the IDE do this to me before.
    I believe what I did to correct it was close the project, close the IDE, shut down web services (IIS or the VS ones), and delete everything from the Temporary ASP.NET Files directory.

Then open task manager and make sure there is no errant VS processes, like devenv.exe, stuck running.

mdomke is offline Junior Member

Resetting IIS was the key. Just deleting the .Net temp files was not enough - at least for me. Thanks so much for the help Rex.

-mbd