Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: help figuring out gift card- email v certificate

pjh is offline Junior Member

Default help figuring out gift card- email v certificate

would someone please help me understand how the gift card product types are designed to work. The email version (101) was setup and working correctly on my site; however, I would like to offer the gift card certificate (102), but cannot seem to get it working. Perhaps I need to confirm how the gc certificate (102) is designed to work. Is my understanding correct the certificate type would allow a customer to purchase the gift card certificate, and it would be emailed to the customer who made the purchase, so they can print out the gift cart certificate and give it to a friend. I imagine the gift card code would be included on the certificate to be printed, which ulitmately would be entered in the coupon / gift card field at check out. If this is correct, is there also a way to include a graphic so the certificate looks professional when printed to be given as a gift?

Jesse is offline Banned

Directly from the manual about gift certificates: "These types of gift cards are printed by the purchaser to be given to whoever the card was bought for. The serial number will be automatically generated and assigned."

If you'd like to change the design of the gift certificate, you can do so by modifying the notification.giftcard.html.xml.config file found in your XMLPackages folder.