Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Visual Studio Crashes when opening any aspx page.

shetal11 is offline Junior Member

Default Visual Studio Crashes when opening any aspx page.

We have modified source code to integrate with our system. I was debugging the code and all of the sudden visual studio crashed. after that point as soon as I would open the project and touch the aspx page whole studio would crash.

I spend 3 days on this issue and figure out the one line in my code that was causing the visual studio to crash. I am not sure if this is storefront issue or Microsoft but I want to post this on your site.

I just added one checkbox in the creditcardpanel.cs (CreditCard Web Custom control under AspdotNetStoreFrontControls project). and added below line in AssignDefaults method.

_chkAuthorizeForCoPay.Text = String.Format("I authorize the {0} to charge my credit card for any co-payments and co-insurace.", AppLogic.AppConfig("StoreName"));

I don't know why it should crash the visual studio.

Thanks
    Shetal Shah

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Had the same issue. Ended up using another developers VS to compile the .dll library and any changes to aspx, cs pages etc I use notepad++

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Try deleting all the .suo files in the solution and try again. Those are Visual Studio user customization files and are often associated with strange VS behavior.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

shetal11 is offline Junior Member

deleting suo does not fix this issue. I just moved the line to assign the text outside the CreditCardPanel control and it works fine now..