Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Where are images controled for WishList

donato is offline Senior Member

Default Where are images controled for WishList

I would like to change where images are pulled on the WishList. Where is this done?

Cheers,

D

Ellerbesmith is offline Junior Member

I want an answer to the same question as well..been lurking for a while but haven't received satisfactory answers.

Seriously. Does anyone know? Someone from Vortex? This should be something that if we own the source code, we should be able to easily customize this. The trick is - finding it. I have attached what it looks like now. I want to remove the VAT pricing and specify our image server for images.

Name:  6-13-2013 10-19-27 AM.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  29.4 KB

Thank you,

~D

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

Most of the wishlist content is in a user control called Wishlist.ascx (Web\controls\Wishlist.ascx). For cart line items it uses a control called ShoppingCartControl which is from AspDotNetStorefrontControls. Past that I don't really have much I can guide you with since we don't use controls from AspDotNetStorefrontControls unless we really have to. Hopefully that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcgeachy View Post
    Most of the wishlist content is in a user control called Wishlist.ascx (Web\controls\Wishlist.ascx). For cart line items it uses a control called ShoppingCartControl which is from AspDotNetStorefrontControls. Past that I don't really have much I can guide you with since we don't use controls from AspDotNetStorefrontControls unless we really have to. Hopefully that helps.
    Thank you. I tried editing the ShoppingCartControl.cs file in AspDotNetStorefrontControls - built it - then uploaded the newly compiled .dll and nothing changed. Am I missing something? I attached a screenshot of what I would like to change. There are only two lines (from what I can see) that call an image:

Name:  6-18-2013 9-37-18 AM.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  41.0 KB

Cheers,

~D

My guess as to why you don't see changes is your modification is your modification was done in an if statement for the mini cart display mode.

Looking further into the code it looks like ShoppingCartControl.cs calls ShoppingCartLineItemDescriptionControl.cs to create line items. Therefore in ShoppingCartLineItemDescriptionControl.cs got to AssignDataSourceContentToControls and edit the code below:

Code:
    //Product Image
                if (LineItemDescriptionSettings.ShowPicsInCart)
                {
                    imgProductPic.ImageUrl = cItem.ProductPicURL;
                    if (cItem.SEAltText != null)
                        imgProductPic.AlternateText = XmlCommon.GetLocaleEntry(cItem.SEAltText, Customer.Current.LocaleSetting, false);
                }
    Hopefully that helps further.

My guess as to why you don't see changes is your modification is your modification was done in an if statement for the mini cart display mode.

Looking further into the code it looks like ShoppingCartControl.cs calls ShoppingCartLineItemDescriptionControl.cs to create line items. Therefore in ShoppingCartLineItemDescriptionControl.cs got to AssignDataSourceContentToControls and edit the code below:

Code:
    //Product Image
                if (LineItemDescriptionSettings.ShowPicsInCart)
                {
                    imgProductPic.ImageUrl = cItem.ProductPicURL;
                    if (cItem.SEAltText != null)
                        imgProductPic.AlternateText = XmlCommon.GetLocaleEntry(cItem.SEAltText, Customer.Current.LocaleSetting, false);
                }
    Hopefully that helps further.
    That helps a LOT! Thank you! I am wondering if I am missing something though... How can I pass the SKU? I thought this would work:

Name:  6-18-2013 3-55-01 PM.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  37.3 KB

I figured it out and it works like a champ now. I had to add the SKU using a literal control:

Name:  6-19-2013 9-20-40 AM.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  41.3 KB

Now I want to add the price. I am not sure why this price is not in the Wish List. I want to remove the VAT setting/price, but have the retail price in there. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thank you,

~D

Adding the price looks like it would be modifying this code block.

Code:
    if (this.DisplayMode == CartDisplayMode.WishList || this.DisplayMode == CartDisplayMode.GiftRegistry)
                    {
                        Button btnMoveToCart = new Button();

if (this.DisplayMode == CartDisplayMode.WishList)
                        {
                            btnMoveToCart.Text = LineItemSetting.MoveFromWishListText;
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            btnMoveToCart.Text = LineItemSetting.MoveFromGiftRegistryText;
                        }

btnMoveToCart.ID = "btnMoveToCart";
                        btnMoveToCart.CommandName = "MoveToShoppingCart";
                        btnMoveToCart.CommandArgument = cItem.ShoppingCartRecordID.ToString();
                        Controls.Add(btnMoveToCart);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        Controls.Add(lblSubTotal);
                    }
    as for not showing the vat modifying looks like modifying this block
    Code:
    if (cItem.ThisShoppingCart.VatEnabled && !(cItem.ThisShoppingCart.VatIsInclusive))
                        {
                            Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("               <tr>"));
                            Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("                <td align='right'>"));
                            Controls.Add(lblVatDisplay);
                            Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("                </td>"));
                            Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("              </tr>"));
                        }
    Hopefully that helps.

Adding the price looks like it would be modifying this code block.

Code:
    if (this.DisplayMode == CartDisplayMode.WishList || this.DisplayMode == CartDisplayMode.GiftRegistry)
                    {
                        Button btnMoveToCart = new Button();

if (this.DisplayMode == CartDisplayMode.WishList)
                        {
                            btnMoveToCart.Text = LineItemSetting.MoveFromWishListText;
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            btnMoveToCart.Text = LineItemSetting.MoveFromGiftRegistryText;
                        }

btnMoveToCart.ID = "btnMoveToCart";
                        btnMoveToCart.CommandName = "MoveToShoppingCart";
                        btnMoveToCart.CommandArgument = cItem.ShoppingCartRecordID.ToString();
                        Controls.Add(btnMoveToCart);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        Controls.Add(lblSubTotal);
                    }
    as for not showing the vat modifying looks like modifying this block
    Code:
    if (cItem.ThisShoppingCart.VatEnabled && !(cItem.ThisShoppingCart.VatIsInclusive))
                        {
                            Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("               <tr>"));
                            Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("                <td align='right'>"));
                            Controls.Add(lblVatDisplay);
                            Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("                </td>"));
                            Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("              </tr>"));
                        }
    Hopefully that helps.
    HA! I cannot believe that! I could have SWORN I commented that lblVatDisplay out already and tried that. That worked! However, I am not sure where or how I am supposed to get the price to display there. There isn't a price child control there. Ideally, I would like to get the description in there as well.

Thanks again!

~D

Never mind. I found it. It's Controls.Add(lblSubTotal); It was right in front of my eyes the whole time. Sometimes, you cannot see the forest through the trees.