Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: recompile source code

desibhai is offline Junior Member

Default recompile source code

I have source code and I made some changes in shoppingcart class.but when I recompile AspDotNetStorefront - 71.sln . I got Debugging Failed Because Integrated Windows Authentication Is Not Enabled error. What is the correct way of recompiling source code? If I want to use this code in another project then how can I do that.

Thank you in advance.

ASPDNSF Staff – Eirol is offline Senior Member

One cause of this error is that integrated Windows authentication is not enabled. To enable it, perform the following steps as describe on this link.

I know that but in vista I don't see Directory Security tab under Web Sites's property.
    Last edited by desibhai; 11-18-2008 at 08:55 PM.

ASPDNSF Staff – Eirol is offline Senior Member

You didn't mentioned you're using Windows Vista. See the link for the solution.

Thank you, now working ,the problem was windows Authentication wasn't selected in IIS option under windows feature. But one more question .

Lets say I make some changes in shoppingcart.vb (I also bought source). Do I have to compile AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.vbproj? and then copy AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.dll and other dlls to bin folder of web? or is there any tutorial how should I make changes to source and implement it?

Rob is offline Senior Member

yes, recompile all (or just rebuild) then ftp common dll -> /bin
    that's it (in this case at least)
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Thank you but,

lets say, I have one project with the source and another project without source .How can I add those source files (.vb) to first project which didn't come with the source?
    Last edited by desibhai; 11-18-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: mistake

Rob is offline Senior Member

you can't add class files to non source builds.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart