Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How can I view an unpublished product page?

omairkha is offline Member

Question How can I view an unpublished product page?

Like the title says, how can I view an unpublished product while I am building up the page to make sure everything looks ok? When I try to view it normally via direct url (ie. /p-42.aspx) it says "Product not Found".

Thanks for the help!

MS 9.1.0.1

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

What I normally do is keep the product published but map it only to a temporary category which is unpublished. This allows you to view the product page while making changes, but customers won't be able to see the product unless they happen to know which SKU to search for, or find it in another set of search results. Once I've made all the changes I need, I go back into the product and and map it to the appropriate published categories.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2