Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Sort by Price - Low to High / High to Low

donato is offline Senior Member

Default Sort by Price - Low to High / High to Low

Hello everyone,

The title explains it all... I would like to be able to sort by price - either from low to high or high to low.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

D

Skriver is offline Senior Member

On what part of the page? The search results page or the category/brand page?

Quote Originally Posted by Skriver View Post
    On what part of the page? The search results page or the category/brand page?
    At the top of the page some where... On the category page, for example, if they were to click on Living Rooms --> Sofas, I would like them to sort by price on that page. For those pages, I am using an entity.grid.xml package.

Thank you,

D

Does anyone know please? I am surprise that aspdotnetstorefront does not have BUILT-IN sort options. And if it does, I have no IDEA where that is.

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

I'm pretty sure this sort feature is built in. We have it on our site and I doubt we built it. I think you just have to turn it on and set the defaults. What version are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cox View Post
    I'm pretty sure this sort feature is built in. We have it on our site and I doubt we built it. I think you just have to turn it on and set the defaults. What version are you running?
    I am using AspDotNetStorefront ML Version: 9.0.1.3, and I have no idea where to find any of the sort stuff.

We're on older versions but check out the xmlpackage that you're using for formatting the display of catalog pages. You can find the name of the xml package in the Edit Catalog page. If you're not a programmer, you'll need a programmer to look at it. But you might see some comments about sorting or some readable code that configures it.

I looked at ours and it's definitely a customized xml package however, but I'm sure it must be using some built in functions. I can't imagine we added sort functionality to Aspdnsf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cox View Post
    We're on older versions but check out the xmlpackage that you're using for formatting the display of catalog pages. You can find the name of the xml package in the Edit Catalog page. If you're not a programmer, you'll need a programmer to look at it. But you might see some comments about sorting or some readable code that configures it.

I looked at ours and it's definitely a customized xml package however, but I'm sure it must be using some built in functions. I can't imagine we added sort functionality to Aspdnsf.
    The only thing I see is this:

Code:
    <queryparam paramname="@FilterProduct"  paramtype="runtime"   requestparamname="FilterProduct"										             sqlDataType="bit"	   defvalue="0"      validationpattern="" />

There has GOT to be a way to add or enable sorting. Any basic eCommerce website has that functionality, and I cannot find how to either enable it in the back-end or add a piece of code to enable it/add it.

Anyone know? Anyone from VORTX?

Thank you,

~D

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Pretty sure this type of sorting doesn't exist out of box. The general response is "it's difficult to implement because there are too many variables to take into consideration" but you are right, any ecommerce package should have this included.

This add-on, I believe, allows you to sort by price among other things, but I can't confirm right now because their demo website isn't working at the moment:
    http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...aspx?catid=181
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

What's your site url?

I didn't do the programming on this change but we have it on our site. Do you have progamming capabilities?

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Donato,

The article posted here by Shriver appears to be what our programmers did on our site. I see a custom GetProducts script mentioned in the displaypackage and then the display package provides the interface for selecting the sort criteria. This is a good article and should help you get the sort you need.

webopius is offline Senior Member

It is incredible that sorting of this type isn't included out of the box.

Since I wrote the article mentioned in the previous link, we've enhanced this further with Ajax based sorting so the page isn't refreshed each time the user changes their sort options. This is custom development work though.

Come on Vortx, bring ASPDotnetstorefront up to date.

Adam