Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Display just products, not variants

davestewart is offline Junior Member

Question Display just products, not variants

I would like to have my store set up in a manner that allows visitors to browse by product, then display the variants once they click on a product. Right now the entity.grid xml package displays all variants and this creates alot of redundant images for me. Also, all of the product xml packages appear to either repetitively display the product image for the variants or only show one picture at all. I want to show the product level image (only once) and then the variant images for each variant entry (also just once). I have begun looking at modifying the xml packages, but I'm hoping this is not the only way to accomplish this? Is there anywhere to purchase 3rd party XML packages like you can with DNN skins?

Also, I am looking to display categories in a horizontal menu. Any ideas?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Entity Grid should not be displaying product variants. It sounds like maybe you have some mods to the package or the getproducts stored procedure? It could also be due to having multiple "Default" variants, which could be caused by importing invalid data into the site.

mongesc is offline Senior Member

We are having the same exact problem. We have no idea, what is causing this. We have alot of redundant images too.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

First, make sure you are running a recent build of the software. If there are no modifications whatsoever, then I would recommend contacting our support team. Make sure also that you are not doing direct SQL data imports and things like that which could impact data integrity.