Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Products are not added to cart

davestewart is offline Junior Member

Question Products are not added to cart

I have a new installation of the storefront for DNN. When I click to add a product to the cart, the cart page is displayed, but the cart is always empty. Is there some initial setting I have to change to allow adding of products to the cart?

PiranhaGear is offline Junior Member

We have run into this (or rather several repeat customers have seen it), but never been able to track down what the circumstances are.

Of course, deleting all the cookies seems to fix it, but that's not a practical solution for our customers (doesn't exactly "exude" credibility on our part either).

It happens so rarely that we can't see a pattern, but the scary part is we don't know how many times it happens and we DON'T hear from the customers.

And it DEFINITELY does not happen to all repeat customers.

I'm assuming this is a related problem since when testing the system before going live you're also a "repeat customer".

Any idea why this might be happening?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

I'm willing to bet that the items are being added to the cart (check the aspdnsf_ShoppingCart table in the database) but the customer record (aspdnsf_tCustomer table) that the item is tied to is not directly tied to the DNN user you are logged in as. Make sure that the user is properly registered in the aspdnsf_tCustomer table (ie. the UserID field in that table is the UserID of the DNN user you are logged in as).
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>