Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do I display a mobile default version on the home page?

jmartocci is offline Junior Member

Default How do I display a mobile default version on the home page?

I am using version 9+ and when i goto my site on a mobile device it pulls the default.aspx page from my desktop version. I want to display a new "mobile" version for mobile versions. Where do I make the adjustments for this and what do you suggest doing?

Thank You in Advance

http://www.shopnasstoys.com

Smile Anyone?

Any help would be great..

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

Seeing the desktop version on your mobile device makes me think that either mobile is turned off on the store or the device is not in the device list (for example tablets and/or the ipad). For testing you can view the mobile site on any device by going to the mobilego.aspx page when the mobile skin is enabled.

As for customizing the mobile look and feel http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...nd-higher.aspx is a great place to start.

Default mmcgeachy thanks but its displaying almost all the mobile but also the stuff i have in default.aspx

In the root i modified default.aspx so it can have a custom home page and for some reason the mobile version is also grabbing that..

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmartocci View Post
    In the root i modified default.aspx so it can have a custom home page and for some reason the mobile version is also grabbing that..
    I don't follow then. Are you assuming that the defualt.aspx is not used on the mobile site? While some pages in the mobile site start with the word mobile at the start of the page name it is not the case for every page in the mobile site. If it mostly static text you added in your modification then I would suggest editing the xmlpackages used defualt.aspx instead. page.default.xml.config is for the desktop site and mobile.page.default.xml.config is for the mobile site. If you have controls and/or dyanmic content that doesn't as easily go into an xmlpackage then try setting the visibility based off of Vortx.MobileFramework.MobileHelper.isMobile().