Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: 9.3 Update, Admin Skin not working properly. (Menus are bad).

JRT_CenterWatch is offline Junior Member

Default 9.3 Update, Admin Skin not working properly. (Menus are bad).

I've been making a few attempts to upgrade our 9.2 version to the 9.3 version. We only have skin customizations and a few alternate XML packages, so we have done no code changes (we don't have the full source code release).

After a few attempts, I think I have everything working. Except for one thing.

The admin menu system changed from 9.2 to 9.3. I've yet to see the menus appear properly, they don't appear to be in the foreground.

We have not done anything to the admin skin. The only thing different about this site is that, like the instruction manual says, we renamed our folder. So the folder was named <sample-folder-rename> (not the real one). Is there anything we need to do that's not documents--I assume the SOP is to rename the admin folder. I copied everything over. Is there some hidden variable name or path that has not been set.

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Did you change the AppConfig "AdminDir" to reflect the new name of your admin folder?
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

Yes, it's been that way since we initially implemented it.

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

You said the menu's don't appear in the foreground...are they in the source code of the page (view source from the browser)?
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

Name:  bookstore-menu-problem.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  19.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbarth View Post
    You said the menu's don't appear in the foreground...are they in the source code of the page (view source from the browser)?
    Let me show you a screen shot.

The menus exist in the source code, the problem is they moved from the Component Art menus to jquery menus (I think). The menus are not opaque and you can't read the entries. This is cross-browser.

I have done the following:

• Do the update process as suggested.
    • Accounted for the renamed admin folder--I copied the files from the admin folder to the name we currently use for it.
    • I've never customized the Skin for the admin section.
    Last edited by JRT_CenterWatch; 06-01-2013 at 01:34 PM.

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

If you use a tool like WinMerge to compare a default ASPDNSF install with your code, are there any differences in any files, especially in the admin folder? I suspect that there are some CSS files that are messed up.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

Jordan is offline Member

Did you switch the app pool from dotnet 2 Classic? This will affect the admin menu...

Analogue is offline Member

If you're using Google Chrome by any chance - forget it. We had staff tearing their hair out using Chrome.